Been away for a couple of months (health), but back now, what's new?

Niconical

Enlightened
Hello all.

I have not be on the forum for a couple of months due to bad health, but that is all good now and I'm back on track.

I've been browsing through some threads today, trying to get a feel for recent weeks. What seems to stand out most are developments (AKA new stuff to buy) from Fenix, some very interesting things happening at 4sevens, the budget iTP range seems to be attracting a lot of interest, and the new range of Surefires are readily available.

Is there anything else specific that I might have missed? I don't mean a list of every light that is new and shiny, just are there any important points?

I do have to say though, much as the past 2 months haven't been good, and I have missed being on the forum, it is actually quite nice to come back and have all these new things to check out, reviews to read etc. Like not sticking your hand in the cookie jar for 2 months but in the meantime someone has been adding to it every day, nice :)

On a separate note, one of the first threads I saw today concerned the sad passing of Dhart's son.
My sympathies to his family, and all in a similar situation, especially around this time of year.

Niconical

Enlightened
The introduction of the Cree XP-G R5 would be an important point imho.

Indeed. I was just reading about that on the MP, in the Quark thread.
21% more light compared to the previous (R2 I believe) Quarks.

Nice.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome back. :party:

It's worth a read in the LED subforum about the XP-G. The couple bin increase at 350ma doesn't really cover the difference between it and the XR-E/XP-E. It also brings lower Vf and less output droop at higher currents into the mix. At high drive currents it's pushing almost into early binned P7/MC-E output levels.

AAA lights with high flux emitters have taken off too. Everytime I turn around it seems like there's yet another option.