Making a DX order---need help

pjm204

Newly Enlightened
I'm relatively new to the flashlight world. I had a solarforce L2 for a while and loved it but ended up misplacing it during a roadtrip. Now my only edc light is my Surefire 6p with P61 bulb. The Solarforce was a lot brighter with the CREE R2 and of course the batteries lasted longer.

So basically, I'd like to order a few lights for EDC, some parts to keep them going(tail clickys, o-rings, batteries, and a decent charger). I'm thinking I'd like to keep it all 6P compatible.

So what should I order from DX? Basically if you were ordering a good starter kit, what would you order?

1. O-rings, what sizes will I need?
2. Which replacement clickys should I get
3. what dropin should I put in my 6P
4. Which lights should I get(I'd like to get 2 or 3 and under $20)
5. Which charger? (kinda like the idea of one that can do multiple sizes like cr123a and 18650)
6. Which batteries? (protected or unprotected)

Thanks

Last edited:

brianch

Enlightened
Not sure if any of the lights on DX are 6P compatible, but just a note for DX at this time of the year. You will probably have to wait till beginning or mid January for arrival if you order now. I would actually just order another solarforce. They are very cheap in terms of price. Actually DX has some solarforce lights for under 20 bux with the r2 emmiter. Or if you wanted to support an american company order the solarforce from http://www.sbflashlights.com/

The L2 ready to run light package is a very good deal. And if you order from sbflashlights it will most likely arrive much sooner then if you ordered from DX. Plus you have local customer service. :poke:

good luck and happy flashin

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I dont know why you would want to spend $$$ at DX, with a GREAT Surefire sitting around collecting dust. Theres a world of options with your 6P. My suggestion would be an M30 and have a CPF machinist bore it for an 18650. Modoo did mine and I couldn't be happier. The XPG is an amazing emitter, capable of 250+ Lumens from only 1.4A off a single 18650. A quick PM to nailbender and you'll have one of the brightest and most efficient P60 drop ins available.

Pair that with 18650 cells and a charger and you will have a great all around setup.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have to agree with Kramer on this.

You've already have a rock sold base with your 6P, stick with it and add to it.

Take a look in the Marketplace for things like tailcaps, extra bodies, etc.
There is always someone selling off spare parts.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to go a different route that is also 6P compatible, the another Solarforce would fit the bill.

Or if you wanted to support an american company order the solarforce from http://www.sbflashlights.com/

The L2 ready to run light package is a very good deal. And if you order from sbflashlights it will most likely arrive much sooner then if you ordered from DX. Plus you have local customer service. :poke:
+1

And the new HA III Solarforce L2P light is really nice.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just placed two orders with DX and they both shipped in two days.

i've had close to 50 orders with DX (since stopped except if buying odds and ends).

The basic premise is this: you get what you pay for.

if u ask me which light i would really rely on, its going to be those that i spent a little bit more on. Right now, i carry a nitecore EX10, and a G2 with lumens factory HO-9. Those are reliable lights to me. My DX lights are loaners which i wouldnt feel upset if they stopped working or got lost.

brianch

Enlightened
There are only a few lights on DX I would call flashlights. :poke:Like it's been said you get what you pay for, even when it comes to DX.