Carrier for Surefire E2D LED, What are you using?

sdennislee

Newly Enlightened
What are you using as a light carrier for the Surefire E2D LED Defender?

The older E2D Defender Incandescent) fit nicely in Comp-Tac's light holder http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=30. The newer style LED will not fit. A friend has a very old Comp-Tac light carrier which does fit. The new one I just order cannot be adjusted out far enough to accommodate the LED version.

I carry the light on my weak side (LH), bezel down to allow simultaneous draw of weapon (strong side/RH) and light. Bezel down is critical so the light is in the ready position when drawn for cross-hand use with pistol. Holsters that use flaps or that conceal the entire light are of no use as they increase the time required to draw the light.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

sambeaux2249

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Smith and Wesson Delta Force... It stays on my nightstand, and I use the pouch that came with it for my E2DL.

Sam

sdennislee

Newly Enlightened
Holsters that use a flap or conceal most of the body are not conducive to quick draw of the light. Light has to come out simultaneous with pistol to be effective. That is what makes the Comp-TAC style so great.

bagman

Enlightened
I carry my E2DL (with the bezel ground down) in a Concealco SF100 or SF100A cant remember, holster this one

You can alter the tension holding the light so could be safe for upside down?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link bagman I have searching for a good way to carry my E2DL bezel down with quick draw.

Can someone confirm if it is the SF100 or SF100A that fits the E2DL bezel down. I am looking at AKJ website and their fit charts but not sure what they mean by anti-roll bezel. Some Surefire's have the anti roll lug(6P) and others the head has anti roll grooves. Sorry for the confusions I just want the correct fit.

dwever

Newly Enlightened
While made for a law-enforcement duty belt, the SafariLand carrier (part number is either 306-2-4 or 308-2-4, can't tell) called a "Mini Flashlight Carrier" works great. I believe it was originally produced for a Streamlight Scorpion. Available in basket-weave and smooth.

There is a pic of this light carrier with an E2DL on this site:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/254378

bagman

Enlightened
Can someone confirm if it is the SF100 or SF100A that fits the E2DL bezel down. I am looking at AKJ website and their fit charts but not sure what they mean by anti-roll bezel. Some Surefire's have the anti roll lug(6P) and others the head has anti roll grooves. Sorry for the confusions I just want the correct fit.

I am away from home until tomorrow but will look when I get back as I still have the packaging.

Latest posts