RA clicky high cri (93) beam shots

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

This is the light I have always wanted. All the durabuility and run times of the clicky, with the color of an incan. Very nice light. Pics are kind of crappy, I did them very fast. I hope they are not too big? The red ring around the hot spot is not visible to the naked eye. Both lights look much better in real life, much smoother transition from spot to flood. This light makes reds and green much brighter, but blues for some reason are duller. Blues are rendered much better with the cool clicky??? It also gets much hotter in temp then the cool clicky, and much faster.

Both lights are 120 lumens on burst, pics are taken at 85 lumens, ISO 800.

I have to say the fit and finish of my new clicky is far better then my year old one. The bezel is perfectly centered, and not one bit of ano is missing! Perfect!

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pictures to show the tint of a beam never really work, but are better than nothing! You did exactly the right thing to make a comparison shot! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to have this light, I don't know if it has been shipped already, Henry missed a part for my order when I mailed him two weeks ago, perhaps it's already near my door... :party:

fleegs

Enlightened
Hello.

Have you noticed a tint shift as the brightness changes?

Mine goes between greenish, yellowish, whiteish. On high it is the whitest.

The one I have is more yellowish when compared to the Nitecore JetBeam AA Neutral, JetBeam III Military Neutral, EZAA Neutral and Quark 123 Neutral.

I still have to test them against each other outside.

Rob

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
Hello.

Have you noticed a tint shift as the brightness changes?

Mine goes between greenish, yellowish, whiteish. On high it is the whitest.

The one I have is more yellowish when compared to the Nitecore JetBeam AA Neutral, JetBeam III Military Neutral, EZAA Neutral and Quark 123 Neutral.

I still have to test them against each other outside.

Rob
Yes, the more I play with the light, the more I am starting to notice it. Especially on the white snow. The center of the beam is perfect but where the spot turns to flood there is a very yellow circle around the center beam? Ohh well still a nice light in my opinion.

Jeff S.

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the beam shots. I'm curious which model Ra Clicky (which LED) the cool white beam shot came from.

Thank you again.

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the beam shots. I'm curious which model Ra Clicky (which LED) the cool white beam shot came from.

Thank you again.
The cool light is the ra clicky EDC executive with a ssc p4

Jeff S.

Newly Enlightened
The cool light is the ra clicky EDC executive with a ssc p4

Thank you. I've been debating between the 170 narrow beam or the High CRI 120 wide beam. The color of your warm white is very nice.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could you please do a color reference shot? A picture of a few plants or colors ( please include a red) would suffice.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice.
I have only recently added a warm light to my line up. I prefer the colour, but they do seem to be not as "bright" as the cool.
The one you have is on my radar for an up coming light.

SFfanman

Enlightened
Thanks for all the great beamshots! I too would enjoy to see a regular vs high cri in a controlled color sampler. After having both tried and tested these two lights (regular RA and High CRI RA) if you could only have one for day-to-day usage and most general tasks, which would you choose and why? Thanks

:popcorn:

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the great beamshots! I too would enjoy to see a regular vs high cri in a controlled color sampler. After having both tried and tested these two lights (regular RA and High CRI RA) if you could only have one for day-to-day usage and most general tasks, which would you choose and why? Thanks

I tried, even on my slr camera I can't capture what I see with my eye. The green, reds, and yellows just pop out. However the blues do the same to the cool clicky. When I shine both at a colorful object (like my kids toys) all the colors are incredible. It's like he best of both worlds. Someone should create a light like that?!?!

Kgp

Newly Enlightened

I am split 50-50 to which one I would chose. Probably for the winter the cool white beam looks better out side on the snow, but Im sure the warm would be much better against a green back ground of the grass and trees. For everyday inside use it would be a toss up.

SFfanman

Enlightened
I am split 50-50 to which one I would chose. Probably for the winter the cool white beam looks better out side on the snow, but Im sure the warm would be much better against a green back ground of the grass and trees. For everyday inside use it would be a toss up.

:shakehead heheh. Well I have to say I am even more on the fence as to these gents. The warm one which takes care of everything but the blues and the cool one which pops the blues. I am a fan of the incans but always thought some were a bit too warm. The high CRI seems to lean towards the too warm side but like you said, it could be the camera playing tricks. I have been wanting to pickup an RA but can only choose one for my edc needs. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Yes, the more I play with the light, the more I am starting to notice it. Especially on the white snow. The center of the beam is perfect but where the spot turns to flood there is a very yellow circle around the center beam? Ohh well still a nice light in my opinion.
I agree wholeheartedly! Even the perfect woman has a freckle or something, and once you become used to it, it becomes invisible!

Love the high CRI! :D

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really liking this. For my most recent flashlight purchase, I had been trying to decide on a pocket rocket, or a Ra of some sort... I ended up with a HDS EDC B42XR, with SSC P4. I figured I'd get the best of both worlds, a Ra, and a pocket rocket. Now I realize I don't want a pocket rocket, I want quality, and am really leaning towards High-CRI...

I think this is going to be my next purchase...

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why are beam shots always on a door from 3ft away? This tells me absolutely nothing about either the real world tint, color rendition, or beam profile.

I'm considering one of the Ra Lights High CRI models and I can't find a decent beam shot anywhere. So I'm in a holding pattern.

jefierro

Newly Enlightened

I have notice this also in my Ra, I think it is related to the intensity changes in the hole beam, the more intense the light the whiter it gets, the less intense the yellower it is. So taking this in to account the hot spot and the outer spill will be whither than the corona, as it' has less intensity rendering a yellower light around the hot spot.

I tested my Ra in the woods the other night and I have to say I'm very impressed, I compare it against a RRT2 a withe thrower vs a warm flooder taking only the color rendering the differences where abysmal, the Ra is much much better. if you get lost in the woods be sure to have one of this handy, it makes your life easier :laughing:

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
This January I purchased a Ra Hi CRI Exec that is rated at 100 lumens. I note that the OP/s Exec Clicky is 120 lumens. Interesting. Is he wrong re lumen output of his light, or has Henry changed the specs of the Hi CRI? I just checked the Ra website and it shows the Hi CRI at 100 lumens max.

Bill