ok ready to spend$$$ help!!

grm111222

Newly Enlightened
Ok thanks for all the input from previous post. Here is where I am: Guess I need a bit more flood then throw. Still want some distance though. Guess I may be carrying in my pocket as some have no holsters available. The raptor2, olight m20 or 21, or Eagletac t20c2. Now which ones can I switch light levels easily? Heard the m20 is tough for that. Now where will I get the best deal and anyone you all prefer to deal with? Thanks

chef4850

Enlightened
I personally am a big jetbeam fan so I would got with the RRT-2 and the M-20 second. The levels are not hard to change on the M-20 but the selector ring on the RRT-2 should be a bit easier for one handed operation.

Chef

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a proponent of the T20C2 myself with the Jetbeam running a close second! The T20 fits in pretty much any 1 inch bely holster once you remove the clip and the cigar ring.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok thanks for all the input from previous post. Here is where I am: Guess I need a bit more flood then throw. Still want some distance though. Guess I may be carrying in my pocket as some have no holsters available. The raptor2, olight m20 or 21, or Eagletac t20c2. Now which ones can I switch light levels easily? Heard the m20 is tough for that. Now where will I get the best deal and anyone you all prefer to deal with? Thanks

All those lights you mention are really to big for pocket carry, they are more for a holster and the M20, T20C2 and raptor are all about throw more than flood. Try something like a Quark 123x2 or Fenix PD30+ their more about lots of spill with medium range which fits your wants better and easily enough carried in pocket. If you have to have one of the lights you mentioned and you want flood/spill go with the M21.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like the options are the other way round, more throw than flood? :thinking:

brianch

Enlightened
I personally am a big jetbeam fan so I would got with the RRT-2 and the M-20 second. The levels are not hard to change on the M-20 but the selector ring on the RRT-2 should be a bit easier for one handed operation.

Chef
I was going to say the exact same thing :hitit:

Rod911

Enlightened
I am a proponent of the T20C2 myself with the Jetbeam running a close second! The T20 fits in pretty much any 1 inch bely holster once you remove the clip and the cigar ring.
I vote for the T20C2 as well. It does come with a diffuser as part of the standard package, but I could probably guesstimate that the light is usable at a distance of 10 metres on high with the diffuser.

As jhc37013 already mentioned, the Quark line with the new XP-G R5 LED produces a more floody beam compared to an XR-E R2 LED based light, so a Quark might be the light for you. You'll only then need to choose which battery option, and they have so many to choose from...

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i own a m20 premium and quark 123x2 tactical r5.
for the money i would choose the jetbeam over the olight. but i got my olight for $67 shipped. olight beam isnt super smooth, but it is very effective, and has a great tint. its white on max and gets yellower as the settings are lowered.
ive heard the jetbeam throws alittle better than the olight. theres also a smooth reflector for the m20 which makes it throw much better.
the m20 with op reflector throws nice, with nice bright spill. changing modes is easy, it just requires 2 hands.

the quark 123x2 has actually replaced my olight for my job duties as a aircraft mechanic. the quark is a great med and close range light. and with enough throw that is effective for my 70 feet or so range.
the quark has a wide spill which is very useful, and a wide hot spot with the r5 emitter.

the hot spot is white, around the hot spot there is a slight greenish tint (still warmer than blue i guess) and as the spill goes further to its outside edge it gets alittle purplish. even with all the different tints it really is slight and not an issue at all. its also easily carried in my pocket, unlike the m20, but the m20 does come with a very nice holster.
i enjoy the quark so much im looking to get a PD30 as well.

you cant go wrong with the lights youve listed, those are all very good, and im sure youll be satisfied with any of them, i know i would:)