Problem with Liteflux LF2XT

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, so i received my Liteflux LF2XT today. Everything about it is great, however there is a major problem. Everytime i turn off the light for more than 6 seconds, the light ceases to function anymore unless i unscrew and screw the head back in. The stainless steel tail cap, brass ring, and head are screwed in enough. Threads are clean, multiple batteries were tested. Still the same problem. I have already contacted LEDCool about this (Crazy fast response by the way) but he could not come up with an immediate solution to this. He said he'll get back to me on monday (I'm guessing he's contacting Liteflux). But in the meantime, has anybody else experienced this problem?

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Ugh, i hope thats not the case... had to wait 3 weeks for this light. USPS held it in their ICS NY facility for 2.5 weeks.

maskman

Newly Enlightened
Try screwing the tailswitch retaining ring assembly snuggly into the tailcap. Tweezers or small screwdiver will fit the slots in the brass ring. The problem may ultimately be with the pill, but I'll let LedCool address that end.

burntoshine

Enlightened
i had the exact same problem with both of my 2XTs. also, sometimes it would come on, but then it would flicker. it was either a matter of getting the pill adjusted or cleaning all the contacts because that's what i did. now both lights work flawlessly. many battery changes later, still no problems.

try messing with it some more. i hope you get it working. it's my absolute favorite light!

good luck! :)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Try unscrewing the pill just a bit. It may be in slightly too far and not making good contact with the battery tube and sleeve.

Geoff

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice. I just tried messing around with the Pill's position but the problem is still there. At this point i'm guessing its something to do with the micro controller.

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Actually come to think of it, one of my Arc AAA's has this problem too. If i turn off the light very slowly (twisting the head slowly), it won't turn back on unless i break the circuit.