123A Primary or R123A Rechargables in your Ra Clicky?

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I have a Ra Clicky (and an XP-G to put in it) on the way and was trying to decide what to feed it. I'd love to hear from some of you who use either primaries or rechargeable in yours. I just got a Quark Mini 123 today and ran it on my DX R123A rechargeable and it was dead in 18 minutes. If I decide to use rechargeable in the Quark and the Ra Clicky, I will upgrade to AW cells. I use my lights anywhere between 1 and 15 minutes each day at work. Medium would be the brightness I'd use at work.

Aside from being rechargable, do R123A's provide any other benefits (runtime, brightness, etc.). How long can I expect my Quark Mini or Ra Clicky to run on high on a AW 123?

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
rechargables, I use my light 10-30 minutes a day. I change them evey 3 to five days. My clicky will run on high for over an hour on rcr's.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the Clicky I would suggest RCR's. More cost effective in the long run and since the light steps down when the voltage decreases you know when to swap out cells. Doing this will also prolong the life of the batteries. It is better to recharge RCR's frequently and to not let the voltage drop to far.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Also consider IMR16340's. At that size, the protection circuit takes up so much room that the IMR can have more capacity while also being safer and providing more current. It also won't cut out on you.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Rechargeables definitely - the light is designed for them with many features (protection, low battery warning and step-down) to help you get the most out of using rechargeables. Top 'em off regularly and it's always ready.