Anyone have the D10 SP XP-E Camo version?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost my older D10 R2 and really miss it:mecry:.I've seen the banner adds for this and can only find it on Ebay, but wanted someones input before I shelled out $75+ bucks for it. Can anyone comment on the newer UI on this light?

Thanks,
Dan

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Sad that they discontinue the old model with ramping (from their website), the new UI in SP model are considered "executive"-mode by some as all modes are preset. The hidden strobe and SOS mode as well as lock-out mode is a nice touch, but having to compare both older and newer SP model side-by-side, I've chosen to get the XP-E D10 with ramping UI. It also appears that the XP-E version of the ramping model is slightly brighter when comparing.

I've had a chance to compare all 3, XP-E D10 with ramping UI, XP-E D10 SP normal, and XP-E D10 SP Camo. The Camo version is nice with tritium slot at the back, there is also a special edition that comes with tritium pre-installed. The anodizing on these Camo version is also nicer (smoother and more evenly done). If not due to the nicer tint, brightness and smoother operation, I would have gone with the Camo version... :shrug:

FWIW, the piston tube of these new SP model is different from the old, they change the position of the oring, instead of having it at the main piston body, now the oring is located at the button side, I agree that this may provide better waterproofing, but it's not as smooth. Btw, these piston tubes are not interchangeable (between old and SP model). :sigh:

Last edited:

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I have the D10 R2 that I carry every day and I would miss it terribly if I lost it so I know how you feel.

I keep looking at an ad on ebay out of Honkers for the new camo SP that comes with clip and tritium tube out of the box and think it's a very desireable torch for me.

I don't think having only three levels of light would be too much of a hindrance for me since I find myself only using low, half way and high on my ramping model D10 R2 model anyway. As long as it wouldn't fall accidently into strobe or SOS too easily I wouldn't mind having the new UI.

The convenience for me is that I can change brightness just by holding fown the button rather than muck around with having to half click each step through each level like I do on my fenix L1D.

Personally, I think I'd love a camo SP D10.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost my older D10 R2 and really miss it:mecry:.I've seen the banner adds for this and can only find it on Ebay, but wanted someones input before I shelled out $75+ bucks for it. Can anyone comment on the newer UI on this light?

Thanks,
Dan

First of all, it depends if you want the (discontinued) ramping UI or are willing to try out the new UI features. The new UI gives you pre-set 3 outputs, hidden strobe feature (double clicking) and a digital lockout option to prevent accidental activation. So, you can consider these against your previous D10 and decide which to go for. Btw, $75 is slightly too much for one, I just got one from ebay at $62 shipped, but I opt for the gray version. But then again, maybe Nitecore priced Camo higher than the rest.

Last edited:

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
I do not have Nitecore D10 camo but I was just searching around on eBay for Nitecore D10 and I see that a seller have the Nitecore D10 with the old discontinued UI. On the pictures it looks like the new version with olive/gray color and new packaging. Maybe they haven´t discontinued afterall?

Last edited: