• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Mag 2C Top Bin SSR-50 for IMR 26650

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen C mag based SST/SSR-50 flashlight for sale yet, there's no heat sink available for it & other things hasn't been worked out completely on CFP either, including what battery to use for a compact platform & driver to use etc. I've had my fair share of challenges trying to bring SST/SSR to the compact mag C platform.

Up for sale, is a Titanium Gray colored mag 2C build with top Bin SSR-50,
running on 4000 mah 1X IMR 26650, This is a great battery rated at 10Amp max discharge & support run time about 1 hr at 4A.

The LED:

• Flashlight built using the Very Best Bin GJ201 SSR-50 LED.
  • This is Neutral Tint 57K SSR-50 (SST on Star)
  • This is the very best bin in existance, better than GJ200 bin as well. (GJ201 excludes two possible tints that may get you pee green from GJ200). This is the same LED & bin as the SSR-1C cloner I sold recently as seen here:
  • https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/247683
  • The extreme top bin (GJ201) is no longer available from Avnet, they only support GJ200 from now on.
  • The 57K is less blue than the 65K
The Specs:

• SSR-50 20mm Exterem top Bin Star
  • Heat sink is Down load Multi-sink
  • Reflector is Mag stock cut-down to fit over the star
  • Reflector is stippled (OP treatment) to give smoother beam
  • The Body is horned to increase ID for the use of 1x IMR 26650
  • A Spacer is made to connect IMR to the mag switch (About 33mm)
  • Copper direct by pass wire was used to reduce resistance
  • The tail spring is shortened to reduce resistance
  • The Wires from switch to LED is equipped with quick-disconnect (from Download )(Should one wants to open the light up for adding multi-mode driver etc, one can disconnect the quick disconnect & push the wires through the hole then un-screw the head to avoid twisting & breaking the wires)
  • The flashlight is wired Direct Drive with 1x IMR 26650.
  • It'll run hot with fresh IMR, but not hand burning.
  • The bezel can be turned slightly & it'll affect focus,
    if you like the focus, don't touch it as it wasn't easy to get good focus.
Selling $135, Reduced to $125, Now, only $115 $105 excluding the battery, shipping to US only.
Add $14 for PP fee, Shipping & Insurance.

You can get the IMR 26650 from here:
http://www.batteryspace.com/limnnirechargeable26650cell37v4000mah10arated148wh.aspx

A few Notes:

• The battery spacer must be slide in first, the battery will not slide in all the way to the switch.
  • The Stock O-ring in front of the lens was removed to allow better focus, so this isn't waterproof.
  • Under the reflector, I made a red ring to raise the reflector just a hair, it's for better focus & allow tiny focus adjustment by turning the bezel, do not remove that.
  • With a new IMR 26650, you must turn the tail cap all the way in tight!
  • This will press in the top of the battery postive plate in just a bit (It's hollow format, ok to press it down a bit), this is necessary to form tight connection.
  • If you don't screw tail cap all the way in, it won't turn on.
  • When in perfect focus, there's is a slight yellow ring around the edge of the hot spot, not easy to see from the beam shots, I've seen this from my other 57K SST/SSR-50 & SSR-90 builds, I've not able to get rid of that, not noticible out door, only when you white wall hunting.
  • Do not turn the head loose from the body, it will not help you focus & you may break the wires. Keep it tight.
That's all. The light is build by KISS strategy for simplicity & long run time (relative speaking).

img3738o.jpg

img3746n.jpg

img3739m.jpg

Beam shot during day time, this is very bright!
img3752t.jpg

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Mag 2C Top Bin SSR-50 for IMR 26650 **Price Reduced**

Still available

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Mag 2C Top Bin SSR-50 for IMR 26650 **Price Reduced Again**

Price reduced again to only $115!

Now it's well into the P7 Mag territory but no more nasty cross in the hot spot!

For a cutting edge Top Bin SST-50 mag, that's a steal!

I'd prefer not to sell the IMR 26650 battery in the light, but if that's a deal breaker,
I can add it in for $15. I'll need to get some more 26650 as this is the only spare I have
& I really don't want to pay the $12 shipping again to get another battery or 2.

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

bumpti bump

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

New price $105

stub

Newly Enlightened
Re: Price Drop #3: Mag 2C Top Bin SSR-50 for IMR 26650