Finding a 6p tailcap replacement.

SoDak

Newly Enlightened
Recently I found an old model 6p that has a tape switch that's in pretty sorry shape and doesn't work the greatest. I'd like to replace it with a regular momentary switch. I'm having troubles finding a z41 switch for a reasonable price though. The only two options I have found would be to buy either a G2 tailcap or an aluminum tailcap from solar force. Would either of those options work well? The solar force looks like a good deal, but I want to make sure it's absolutely reliable since I'm using this surefire for a gunlight. Thanks.

rje58

Enlightened
If you decide to go with a Solarforce tailcap, make sure to determine if you are getting a reverse clicky or a forward clicky... the reverse clickys don't have 'momentary on'.

I don't know what you consider a reasonable price, but I've bought a few Z41's in excellent or new condition here on CPFMP in the $16-$18 range.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
If you get a solarforce, make sure you get it from a legit retailer. Lighthound for one off the top of my head. The solarforce L2M I bought from DX tailcap is not compatible with my 6P.

rje58

Enlightened
Good point, Kramer! SBFlashlights.com is another legit supplier of Solarforce products.

If you get a solarforce, make sure you get it from a legit retailer. Lighthound for one off the top of my head. The solarforce L2M I bought from DX tailcap is not compatible with my 6P.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Z41s come up for sale all the time on the CPFMP, usually for under $20.

You can also pick up Z49s and Z59s, although these sell for more, they are still well below retail.