Can I use this on my Rechargable MagLite?

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
#1 If you owned this light what would any of you do to it?

#2 Is it worth the $80 for the drop in LED?

#3 Maybe I should just get a new and improved battery pack for it, would that make sense and just leave the light thats in there? Probably drains power quickly though right?

Thanks for helpn a noob out.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
#1 If you owned this light what would any of you do to it?

#2 Is it worth the $80 for the drop in LED?

#3 Maybe I should just get a new and improved battery pack for it, would that make sense and just leave the light thats in there? Probably drains power quickly though right?

Thanks for helpn a noob out.

1. Noting. it's a great lighjt the way it is.

2. No. except for increased runtime, there's no other benefits to switching this light to an LED.

3. the battery stick uses 1/2D size cells, which are hard to find.

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
I agree. The more I read about LED lights the crazier my ideas get.

Thanks for taken two seconds to help me keep my OCD on flashlights in check!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. The more I read about LED lights the crazier my ideas get.

Thanks for taken two seconds to help me keep my OCD on flashlights in check!

Hi Hawkeye75!

Do as I did: keep MagCharger as a decent incan light but order these items:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/streamlight-fb-5h1.html
http://www.batteryjunction.com/empire-streamlight-charger.html

Order at least two of the NiMh batteries and you can use the MagCharger when another battery is on recharge. And it will charge at slightly more than 6 hours, not 16 hours as the standard battery used with the stock charger! This combination made me to use the MagCharger again, when it earlier had been unused in the box...

Regards, Patric

tpolley

Newly Enlightened
hawkeye, do you use your magcharger charger in your vehicle? if so, does it continue to charge when you shut the engine off or does the charger shut off a few minutes after the engine is turned off? i have my magcharger hardwired to the battery of my f-250. the truck has dual batteries cos its a diesel. the charger only works when the engine is runnig. if i turn the engine off the charger shuts off after a few minutes. the destructions say that the charger can detect the voltage of the vehicle battery and will shut off if that voltage drops below a certian point to keep from draining the vehicle battery. i'm not sure what voltage the charger is looking for on the vehicle side but it seems with two fairly new batteries in my truck it should be able to maintain enough voltage to keep the charger running after the engine is off. i wonder if my magcharger isn't overly sensitive.