HELPD WITH FENIX LD20

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
bought this light today at lighthound worked fine, tried to go outside and use it just now went from really bright to dim. now it only turns on for a second and very very dimly. switched batteries and tightened the tailcap

houtex

Enlightened
try making sure everything is clean and not over oiled. I know it's a new light but sometimes.........also are all the parts in the right direction? Fresh batteries?

If all else fails,take it back Monday and I'm sure they'll exchange it for you.

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
rubbed some of the oil off the threads and the light fired up again, im still debating over taking it back in on monday though id be very angry if the problem reappeared a couple of days later

batmanacw

Enlightened
rubbed some of the oil off the threads and the light fired up again, im still debating over taking it back in on monday though id be very angry if the problem reappeared a couple of days later

Give it a few days and see how it acts. I had a Nitecore EX10 give me some issues. Now its a great light.

The threads are a contact point so too much oil or machining crud could possibly cause issues. Not that its okay, but it could happen.

Jackscrj

Newly Enlightened
Take the batteries out and just leave it for a few minutes or hours and then put fresh batteries in and see if it work

I had my do something similar once