JetBeam JET-II Pro I.B.S. Haze

ACHË

Newly Enlightened
I've had this concern since getting this little pocket rocket a few months ago.

JetbeamJet2Pro.3.jpg

*Stock photo for illustration purpose only

Since getting it(new in box), I've noticed that there's a very light haze on my JetBeam JET-II Pro I.B.S.'s glass.

Now; I know the JetBeams have AR coating, but is it visible as a light haze?

Contrasting to my NOVATAC's AR coating for example; which can only be noticed at an angle, as a blue-ish tint, that dissapears when looked at head on. The NOVATAC glass seems super clear; as do all of my LED lights with or without AR coating.

Is this normal for Jetbeams?
Maybe a strange quality of the specific AR coating that they use?

I haven't tried to clean it since I don't have the tools to open the bezel.

I'll try to take pictures that capture this haze & post them, but since it's a picture of a piece of glass with a reflector behind it it sounds tricky.

Thanx In Advance!

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
actually my Jet-I MKII R has it.......... and i don't know how to open the light without damaging the head, and no, i don't think the milky layer is the AR coat lol

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
my jetbeam had the same haze, it was moisture. I just removed the glass and turned it on full for some mins to dry out.

ACHË

Newly Enlightened
MOISTURE!!:thumbsdow

Now..on how to get that bezel ring off without special tools....hmmm

ACHË

Newly Enlightened
OK

After finally removing the bezel with some needle-nose pliers, held open by a piece of wood to prevent them from closing up, slipping and scratching the glass.

I cleaned the lens with a microfiber lens cleaner kit that I use for my camera lens(these are made to not affect AR or any other coating). Left the light on for a few minutes intentionally to get it warm so all that moisture just evaporated. Put it back together and presto...

My Jet-II I.B.S. lens is now haze & moisture free.

What an incredible difference it makes!

Even with the "dirty" lens; it was my brightest most powerful single cell thrower, and now it's simply a 4" JET engine.

For those Jetbeam users out there with hazy glass: clean them up, you won't believe the difference it makes in output.

I'm sure it helps for the longevity and reliability if the light as well; all that moisture in there with the electronics can't be good.