What color beam for your Quark Mini?

What color of beam did you get for your Quark Mini?

• Very warm

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A little warm

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Spot on white

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • A little cool

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Very cool

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm starting this to see what color temp your output is for your Quark Mini. I know that a lot of them were back ordered and finially shipped, and I'm wondering what your beam color is.

The options will be:

Very warm
A little warm
Spot on White
A little cool
Very cool

Thanks.

Last edited:

Tremendo

Enlightened
Ummm, very slightly greenish yellowish, but very functional and useable in real life. Does that make it mildly coolish/warmish with cold/hot flashes?

HarveyRich

Enlightened
IMHO, it would have been better to break the poll into two polls, one for the MiNi AA and one for the MiNi 123, as these may have different emitters.

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
IMHO, it would have been better to break the poll into two polls, one for the MiNi AA and one for the MiNi 123, as these may have different emitters.

No they don't... Cree XP-G, bin R5 for both. Unless you mean that 4Sevens may have put different tint bins in each? I don't think this will be the case, but who knows, could be some correlation.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I posted in the preon color thread it would be better for users the items were referred to color tints and not to a color range. Everybody can see a color tint but it could hard to say if it's warm, cool or what... Just a suggestion

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm a little disappointed with the brightness of my 123 mini as well as the color. Although the hotspot and spill are smaller in my EZ CR12 they both appear brighter in high than the 123 in high. Granted the mini 123 has a MUCH bigger hotspot and spill but the spill looks dim compaired to the high spill of the EZ Cr2. The EZ CR2 looks whiter too. I suppose the Mini would be better if you want to light an entire room and it's certainly brighter if used as a candle but if you're trying to find something under a table in the dark I'll take the EZCR2.

DArklite

Enlightened
I have a Q3 5A pill in my Dereelight CL1H v3 and love the tint, so I'm eagerly awaiting my Quark MiNi. :) The warmish tints seem to work better outdoors IMO and find myself using them more and more.

I have SSC P4's, HID and others for the white lights and they have their place, but they get used alot less these days.