My new EDC and favourite light — IlluminaTi titanium

Felco

Newly Enlightened
Bought the IlluminaTi titanium LED flashlight on a group buy.

Removed the keychain and snapped on the clip, and clipped it onto my breast shirt pocket. It is with me 100% of the time, and I find myself using it many times a day, even during the day, to peer into dark boxes, drawers, etc.

This thing is fantastic, weighs nothing. I cannot feel it in my pocket.

I love this flashlight. I shall never be without it, or one like it, from now on. :thumbsup:

Ti-AAA-web.jpg

Last edited:

DArklite

Enlightened
Nice.
I got mine (R5 version) from Matt a few days ago and I agree, it's alot of bang for the buck. Lovin' the L>M>H mode too :thumbsup:

My keyring now has 4 AAA lights and six keys.

Felco

Newly Enlightened
Just one comment: the action was gritty and stiff at first, but I wiped off all the black grease and replaced it with 300 or 400 weight silicone oil. I recommend this oil to everyone who uses LED flashlights that contain O-rings. Unlike petroleum-based oils, silicone oil does not damage O-rings, so it's an essential accessory for flashaholics.

Last edited:

madmook

Newly Enlightened
I just received the Q5 version yesterday, with the M>L>H UI (I prefer this version), and it has replaced the iTP A3 EOS as my new keychain light. Wonderful light.

Although I treat my keychain light as a "last resort backup", since I'll always have other "EDC" lights with me whenever I leave the house. But that's neither here nor there...

Felco

Newly Enlightened
I don't like it on my keychain. Little hole may wear out. Gets all scuffed up, being titanium. Already have all sorts of poop on the keychain, including a whistle!

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
My Preon has been riding in my breast pocket ever since I got it. It fits perfectly in the pen slot in my uniform shirts and weighs next to nothing. With the clicky and L-M-H interface; it's always ready to give me low level light for small lighting tasks.

coh2000

Newly Enlightened
Hi Felco,
I would like to try the Illumina Ti "keychain" that you took off of your Illumina Ti. Would you like to sell it?

steamfish

Newly Enlightened
Next question: what is your choice of power and why?

Mine is powered with a 10440 'cause it's incredibly bright with it on high.
I generally use just the medium mode though, low for walking thru the house after midnight.

My Maratac AAA is powered by a Duracell 1000mAh NiMH. The high mode with this battery is just a bit brighter than the Illumina on medium w/10440. This would be my preference for when I needed a decent light for say over 5 minutes or more. No worrys running it till it dims.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Felco,
I would like to try the Illumina Ti "keychain" that you took off of your Illumina Ti. Would you like to sell it?

Smart man, its a really nice crab claw. I just recently sold my illuminati and I already miss it...sigh. It has a really great tint and beam pattern and it looks lovely, I just never found myself carrying it since I got a quark mini 123.

Still, great light.