Bring your experience or expertise!

joshth09

Newly Enlightened
Heres what Im lookin for guys...Ive searched the forum and I havnt found a proper answer so maybe you guys with experience on the type of light im lookin for can drop some advice.

I am looking for a small, sheath carried led light, 2 cr123's, very bright with the absolute most RIDICULOUS throw....Im all about the throw.

So if you know such a light lemme hear about it!

(If you know of ridiculous throw EDC type lights without a sheath or battery type lemme hear that too, cause I may have to make an exception to get what I want)

Thanks guys

kramer5150

Flashaholic
The only LED throwers that have impressed me were the Deere aspheric and tiablo A10. But they are not *at all*what I would consider small form factor. Furthermore, I find them completely useless other than for distance (100+ yards) spotting.

Last edited:

joshth09

Newly Enlightened
Ok well...I guess it doesnt have to be great compared to anything in particular...but the furthest throw and tight hotspot of all the small led lights on the market.

joshth09

Newly Enlightened
Ok...I was not very clear and thats my bad.
Im not talkin about a focus lens or anything like that.

Just a regular edc(preferably the pd30 size) light compared to others like it that has the hottest spot and the furthest throw.

Ill offer some lights that I really dig right now...the pd30, quark123-2, nitecores 123's. I read alot of reviews about all these lights...but compared to the others which has the best throw.

I often night hunt and would like to have it on me to chase things thru the woods. I know what your thinking...ILLEGAL...well no....its not. My dad and my girlfriends dad have large farms with permits to spotlight and night hunt varmints and coyotes...especially damn armadillos.

So sometimes Im at her place sometimes Im at mine...and I would like to have a good thrower on me at all times to kill me some dillos!

sorry guys...i hope im clear now...go ahead and give me the "you idiot" smiley!

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
I recommend the Eagletac P20C2. Probably the smallest 123x2 light with the most throw (and maybe even the most output). The Quark Turbo is going to be slightly larger, but maybe brighter(? will need to wait for reviews) but it will have a lot of throw as well, and good output/runtime. You really can't expect to get ridiculous throw from a small light, because the reflector isn't big enough to collect the light needed for awesome throw.

Also, just a friendly pointer, try to make your thread title have some description of what your question actually is. Thank you.
:welcome: