" EDC Plus Backup "

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
I was just curious as to what brands and models are being carried as an EDC/Backup combo? Personally I carry an Olight M20 Warrior Premium R2 as my EDC and have an Olight T10 in the holster's sidepocket as my backup. I keep the M20 on high output and the T10 on low. With one click of the button I can light up the strobe on the T10 in one hand while using the M20 on high output if the situation arises where this is needed or required. I know there are several hundred various combos that can be used like this, thought it might be interesting to see just what others on this forum are carrying as their personal combo setup................?

Light me up Scotty..............Terry

Petersen

Newly Enlightened
NT 120T & SureFire A2-RD (incan)

Guess the NT is my primary as this is used the most.. and guess I somehow just like to have an incan around..:D

NT programmed to low-medium-strobe (1,2 and 3 click)
and for 120Lumens with <press>

also my use is not professional,,

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
It varies over the years.
-
2AA side by side incan in pocket.
-
Mag Solitaire in pocket.
-
Dorcy AAA in pocket.
-
Fenix L1P in holster, UK2AAAeLED on keychain.
-
Civictor V1 in pocket, UK2AAAeLED on keychain.
-
Fenix L0P SE in pocket, UK2AAAeLED on keychain.
-
Fenix L0D CE in pocket, UK2AAAeLED on keychain, Fenix L0P SE on backup keychain.
-
Minimak 14500 in holster, UK2AAAeLED on keychain, Fenix L0D CE on backup keychain.**
-
Nitecore EZAA Q5 in pocket, UK2AAAeLED on keychain, Millermods 2 stage Arc AAA mod on backup keychain.***

Can U figure out when I joined CPF?

EDC.jpg

Millermods-EasyAA-size.jpg

jonesy

Enlightened
Currently it's my new quark mini123 in the fifth pocket, and a surefire 6P with a malkoff M60. The M60 is sadly the only light I have that's more powerful than the mini. I'm on the hunt for a smaller dual mode P60 host that has a pocket clip (bezel down). No one seems to make one.

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
I have a Malkoff MD2 with M60 in my front left pocket (with cell phone) and an IlluminaTi AAA clipped to my front left belt buckle. That gives me 5 different light levels all within easy reach. low-med-high (115) from the IlluminaTi and High(235)-Low from the Malkoff.

Martin D. White

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
E1B in right front pocket.
EagleTac P20C2 in Jacket pocket
EagleTac P20A2 and Jetbeam JetIII pro IBS in bag under my desk.

edited: Oh I almost forgot my iTP EOS on my keychain !

Last edited:

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Since the winter is here I might pack a few more lights.

Most times its either a E1b, P2D, Upgraded E1e, or an modded E1L(with P1d guts)

Then in my jacket I might have a C2, PD30+, Jetbeam RRT-1 or a few others.

I like to give everything equal pocket time.

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
For the longest time, I was carrying my trusty D10 R2 in an L1D holster, until I lost them both! :ohgeez:
Currently I've got my Quark AAT Ti in a (*gasp*) UF C3 holster, and it works well, but I still miss the smaller, lighter D10 with its more neutral tint and lovely PD UI. :sad:

My backups haven't changed in a while, either: two iTP A3 EOSes, one on the keychain, one in my Leatherman holster. I was also carrying (and using a LOT) my ZL H60w until it failed and had to be sent back. Hopefully, the H501w I ordered the day before the H60 quit will prove to be a little more durable and easier to carry.
Today I've also got an EX10 R2 with me, but it could never replace my D10 -- tint is too cool, body is too short, and it doesn't like a few of my RCR cells, whereas the D10 swallowed whatever I threw at it. :thumbsup:

shark_za

Enlightened
Rather just talk about the backups.

Usually when I'm carrying a 1xAA primary light.
Leatherman S1
Fenix E01
iTP A3
Streamlight Microstream

When I'm carrying a 2xCR123 I tend to have the microstream only or one of the "tactical" 1xAA's becomes backup.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently a Lummi SS Raw on my Swiss army keychain knife in my front pocket.
A SPY007 in my briefcase

Being tempted by Fred ( Photofanatic) with a custome Ti Necklace lightlovecpf

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
my basic set up havent changed since last time someone asked what people edc..

my normal carry is three lights on me:
Lmini2 warm tint

quark aa tac warm tint

itp eos a3 ss.. (and this is only because im afraid to loose my lummi raw)

and i do swap the lmini2 sometimes to nitecore d10, quark 2cr123, fenix tk11 or jetbeam pro1 or something else according to my mood.

quark aa is one that stays on me even if i change the others. (either the Ti version or the qwaat)

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've settled on an EDC and backup that use the same battery. EDC is a Novatac 120, backup is a P1D, likely to be replaced by a Quark Mini123. The idea here is that if the EDC's battery runs out, I can raid the backup for a new battery. If the EDC craps out completely, I can run the backup on both batteries. The backup is as small as possible, as small as I can get to a dedicated spares carrier.

fixitman

Newly Enlightened
Quark MiNi AA and maratac AAA
Currently running both on Energizer lithiums, due to the cold and duraloops not mixing well.
Soon the MiNi will be on 14500's for some major POWER :devil:

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Well, this week my EDC is my Nitecore EX10 R2 clipped to my pants pocket.

As for my backup(s)... in my bag I've got:
-Nitecore D10 (High CRI P4)
-L-Mini II WW MC-E
-Eagletac P100A2

This setup changes around quite a lot, but the EX10 is my most recent light, and I have the clip for it so it's great to carry at work as my EDC. I have rarely gone very far without my D10 and L-Mini since I got them; both are great lights. The P100A2 gives me a slightly more throwy option than the rest of the lights I'm carrying, but I'll often have my L2D instead if I'm commuting by bike and using it as my secondary bike light at night. I don't have much need for the low modes of the L2D now either, as I've acquire my two Nitecores with the ramping light intensity and the nice lows that they have. L2D would seem a better option if I went back to carrying less lights though.

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
My EDC and Backup have not changed for a while now. On my belt (right side) is my Fenix P2D Q5, still kicking after all of these years. My Backup is my SF E1B which has been dropped on concrete many times and still works flawlessly. Also, in my front left pocket is my SF M2/C2 with an R2 drop-in. I switch off between the M2 and C2 depending on my mood. Front right pocket is my Fenix TK11 R2 with an AW 18650 2600 maH battery. Also, in my front right pocket is my Batuka spares carrier with 8 primary 123's. And last but certainly not least is my faithful ARC AAA-P (CS) on a neck lanyard. I think that my daily EDC and Backups should cover about anything that I encounter.

Happy Dark Trails everyone

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last couple months I have carried a McGizmo S27-PD (pocket) and an HDS U60XRGT (bag). There is also a McGizmo Sapphire in the bag. Around the house, I sometimes swap the S27 for a Mule. When hiking, I am likely to carry all 4.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a belt holster that holds my 20 year old Mini-Maglite and it only leaves my side when I go to bed. It has been upgraded with the following:

Terralux TLE-5EX LED drop-in bulb.
Terralux TCS-1 tail cap clicky switch.
AWC glass lens.
Duraloop AA cells in it because they don't leak.

I know that I *should* upgrade my EDC but my old Mini-Maglite just works fine for my use. If I hadn't found out about the Terralux TLE-5EX, I would have definitely replaced my Mini-Maglite because I hated constantly replacing the incandescent bulbs. Some day I may get a new EDC and retire the Mini-Mag...when I get to it. :D

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lately my Ti Quark 2x123 has been my main EDC. If I go out I have a Fenix LOD-CE Q4 and Liteflux LF2 SSC on my keychain as backups.

Latest posts