Spooky Magazine Advertisement

donn_

Flashaholic
This ad for Pakistan International Airlines appeared in a French magazine in 1979:

pakistan-airlines-ad.jpg

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
No it didn't show up.

Secondly, if that is a real advertisement that means the advertisers know that the majority of the people will be happy with the image. Very, very bad.

I don't want to say any more for fear of this thread being closed.

Do you have a direct link? I want to check it out.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting coincidence. I think I'd have been better off not clicking on this thread though. :green:

Patriot

Flashaholic
That is quite a coincidence. I don't see why it would be in bad taste to show a past advertisement in light of what we know happened. The uncovering of this isn't meant to offend only to make us ponder. The towers were symbolic of New York but the airliner shadow and the fact that it was for a Pakistani airline is really an oddity.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems I'm sometimes mis-understood .... so I'll decline to reply further .

( I didn't want to be thinking about that when I went to bed that night. Bummed out my night )

But I too - Still remember - with RESPECT to ALL who perished !

Carry on without me .

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The ad makes good sense for its time; show an image of a jet outlined on the new buildings that represent international trade and commercial success on a global scale. Also, none of the 9/11 attackers were from Pakistan, there has never been an attack from a Pakistani organization on American soil.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Interesting thread.

Thanks for posting.

Quite a coincidence, eh ?