RA Clicky Tactical vs Nitecore Extreme vs Quark 123 tactical

Tacticalsushichef

Newly Enlightened
I've been lurking around here for a while, ever since I've joined, I bought about a half a dozen lights.
But now I can't decide between the Ra tactical, the Nitecore extreme and the Quark 123 tactical. I'm starting a security job soon and I want something small and compact, preferably a single cell cr123.
The Ra seems really cool, but I find the UI quite confusing, could somebody please explain it to me??

jblackwood

Enlightened
From what I've read, it can be as simple or as complex as you like. I think only the Liteflux is more flexible.

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
The RA can be is complex as you make it. I do not have a tactical. but its easy as click for high, a double click will get you a different mode, a click and hold for different, and a triple click for the next. It also has lots of other features... It is fully programmable, the best light out of your list IMO. I mastered the featues I use in a weekend. Its not hard.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you read the manual on Ralight website?

I can't explain programming here, but it's not so complicated. Normally you do it only once and configure the options you want to have as momentary, memory, auto-off.

Then you have 4 brightnesses programmed as you want them, inclusing different strobes, beacon, disco-modes. You switch on the light with a Click and off with another click. It starts either in the brightness you programmed it to start in or in the last used. A double click brings you to a second brightness, a triple click to a third brightness and a Clich and press-hold to maximum output with burst. A simple press-hold in any other brightness brings momentary maximum with burst.

That's it, to explain it in a simple way!

EDIT : My 170Cn can be classified as on the cool side of the tints, while the 140C is slightly warmer. You can now have a warm-white high-CRI, mine ist still on the way...

Last edited:

chef4850

Enlightened
I have the RA tactical 120 as well as a 170. I would save some $ and get the RA 120 tactical seems just as bright and for a lot less. The NEX is a great light as well and very simple to use. Either of these will be a great addition. Personally I really like the RA lights and can not seem to put them down.

Chef

lightplay22

Enlightened
The clicky ui may seem intimidating and it may take a few minutes to work it out the way you like it but, after that, you have the most simple and versatile ui going IMO.

Tacticalsushichef

Newly Enlightened
Well thanks a lot guys, I went CPF style and ended up buying all three :laughing:. If i don't like one of them, I'll just give it away as a gift. After reading the RA clicky manual a few hundred times, I finally get it.