Do you take a light with you in the daytime?

jtice

Flashaholic
I ALWAYS have a light on me, even during the day. Some of my friends, and my mom, think that I am crazy.
I say, hey, you never know what you are going to be doing during the day,,, or if you might get stuck out all night.

My light has served me well many times after staying out later than I thought I would.
Well, after hanging out with a few buddies, one if which is always sure to get you into ... Something. LOL,,, well, we got his,,,, rather HE got his Jeep stuck out in the woods. I whipped out my light, and used it most of the night. They dont complain about my flashaholism anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always take a light, too. I like to check behind peoples sofas when I visit them. I'll look for dark corners and light them up.

And it's always handy when I go shopping. So many items at Home Depot are way on the back of very deep shelves. I could see them without the light, but . . . well, what are lights for anyway? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I'm always dropping and chasing small things at home and work. In the absense of improved manual coordination, a couple flashlights are invaluable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Larry

gyverpete

Enlightened
I 24/7 carry two small lights (ARC-AAA & Photon). I do use the lights sometimes during the day, when I'm indoors. It's more efficient for me to carry all the time because I NEVER run the risk of forgetting to bring a light when I need one. It's just always there and I don't have to worry about not being prepared. You can't always anticipate when or where you might need light. It's a basic necessity. Before getting a Photon several years ago, I would find myself needing a light when I hadn't planned on needing one and left my Minimag at home or in the car. Not having a light ON me, wasted alot of time and one time I almost injured myself when I stepped in a sump pump pit filled with water to my knee in a dark basement that I couldn't see while trying to reset the main breaker, because my Mag was in the car and I wasn't in a position to go get it. Guess what. NEXT DAY, I bought my first Photon light. A little light is better than darkness anyday (or night!) Since then I have never been with out light at any time.

Tomas

Banned
Of course! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

I always have at least one with me, three if I'm dressed ...

Have they come in handy? Yup! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The "always with me" light is an Arc AAA and it has even come in quite handy while showering one day when the power died and the windowless bathroom became QUITE dark. But I told that story here before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

T_sig2.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The short answer, yes.
The complete answer, yes several. I EDC 2 ARC AAA's & a
Photon 2(2 key rings) & I like the Photon 2 for use when I
just need a quick light for a second. I also EDC a ARC LSH-P
& a A2. This may seem like a lot even here on CPF, but I'm
on call 24/7 & my days run into night & visa-versa. I work
on the railroad & even in the daytime I need lights when I
go into the nose of a engine or sometimes just to see in a
dark cabnet, etc. This is just my EDC you should the lights
& battries, etc. in my grip.

Screehopper

Enlightened
Yup, a flashlight is an EDC for me. Whether it's used in fixing a computer, finding a lost item in dark crevices, or in a storage closet where the bulbs have burnt out. The flashlight gets used almost everyday along with my other EDC items.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
some of you didn't mention what lights you were carrying /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

i carry my e2e, arc aaa, and brinkman 3aa with me at all time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the combination pretty much covers most uses, though i would like to make a couple changes.

roguesw

Enlightened
yup, carry 6p and now mini lgi, times that i have needed the flashlight include changing tires at night, helping a friend jump start a car at night, repairing computers, helping out a friend who had a car accident in the middle of nowhere, and also to light up dark places like parking lots etc
its really handy, and u never know when u need it,
if u start carrying it everyday, u dont even notice it
untill u are at a friends house and u empty all your pockets and then u notice u pack a lot of stuff

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
Well one time I was sitting on the Jon in the Walmart bathroom when the lights went out. Talk about dark, couldn't see my hand in front of me. Luckily I fish out my G2, finish the job and make it out fine. Someone just turned off the light when leaving.

After that, I carry a light everywhere...you never know what might happen.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to always have one of those cheap, flat LEDs on the keychain with me. Now I always have the Legend LX with me. Not super small, but it is super bright. Need to stock up on 123s though... I don't see how the guys with the SureFire 20 minute runtime lights do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
ABSOLUTELY !! I'm a network administrator and routinely work on all types of hardware (mostly servers). I pack a 3AA Brinkmann 1W mod, and it ROCKS! There is nothing worse than being in a well lit room and not being able to see what you need to work on (inside the box)... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Just a short story. I gave my 31 year old son a ARC LSH=S.
He told me later that when I gave it to him he didn't think
he would have any use for it. Now he says he doesn't know
how he ever got by without a light. He uses it all the time.
Yes he carries in the daytime. He carries it all the time.
I gave my son in-law a ARC LSL-P & its pretty much the same
story with him.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always carry an Arc AAA LE with me on my keyring, and doing network support I also find it invaluable. I use it regularly, looking into the depths of a server rack, or checking cabling under desks or under raised floor.

Graham

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
An Arc AAA-LE and an Arc LSH-P goes with me everywhere I go day or night. When I drive, my SNII tags along with me but stays in my truck. A little bit too big to EDC. My McLux also goes with me when I'm out somewhere special.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least you should always have something like a keychain light with you pretty much wherever you go, even if it's daytime. For those times you'll be stuck in an elevator, or in a dark parking garage, or in a power outage, or in a theater, or who knows...

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
ALL the time. It's gotten so bad that i don't bother switching on the lights or opening the blinds in a dark room, i just turn on a flashlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have a light clipped to my pocket along with a knife. They come is so useful when you don't have them.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roth, no MiniMiniMiniMiniMiniMiniMiniMag????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As others have already brought up 'you never know when you will need a light'. That is the perfect reason to always have a light with you. Not even a psychiatrist can refute that.

I always have a small light hanging from my left front belt loop. Since I am using NiMH AAs with my Arc LSes, the Infinity Ultra has reclaimed that position. Even when I go out, I take an Arc LS with me.

Since I am at home 99 percent of the time, I even take the Arc LS or X5T upstairs with me.

yclo

Flashaholic*
I must confess that sometimes I don't carry a light during the day. But there has been times that I'm glad I did because I stayed out longer than I had planned.

-YC