Need a < $10 light for Rob Your neighbor game at work

I just found out I'll be participating in a Rob Your Neighbor / White Elephant game at work. I need a gift that is $10 or less. The party is Thursday midday so shipping needs to be guaranteed next day to have it in time to take to work Thursday morning. That means an online order would have to to placed NOW. Any ideas for either an online order or store bought meeting the criteria? Flashlight preferred but other ideas welcome as well.

Thanks!!

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I dont think you have time for online.

Try one of the mega stores.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Dont quote me on this but I think Home Depot has a halogen spotlight, AC rechargeable for $10. I have no idea how good it is but IIRC it uses a halogen lamp, so it should in theory be good for at least 300 Lumens.:twothumbs

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
kramer5150 has a great idea. Lowe's also sells 1 million power Task Force spotlights for $10 that I recommend for your purpose

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try looking around at Target, people have been posting about closeouts and the such. They always have an incan minimag for $8.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just went to Wal Mart last Sunday and 2 AA Mini-Maglites were only $7.88 in a rainbow of colors and with 2 Duracell batteries.

If you can't think of anything, just put a $10 bill in the gift pile. I guarantee that it won't be returned and it's in everyone's favorite color, green. :D

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you referring to a White Elephant/Gag Gift Exchange where you can choose a wrapped gift or steal someone else's gift and they go get another one? If that's the case, the idea is to give something funny that few people would want. If you want to give a flashlight, just get some sort of Disney or other kid's light based on a character or movie/cartoon. Giving kid's toys at an event for adults will get a laugh, and they can always give it to their kids. Solar powered flashlights also work. I just went to a White Elephant gift exchange so I'll give you a list of gifts that have been given and got a good laugh. Here they are:
a can of dog food, an can opener, and a spoon
coal in a bag labeled "From Santa"
adult diapers
a giant road cone
a remote controlled fart machine (person giving it clicked the remote each time someone bent over to get a gift- it was me that had the remote):grin2:
ropelights
cat toys
window mounted doll that dropped it's pants when you pulled a string (it was called a mooney)
live crickets (don't use this gift at an office party)
a plastic, hollow candy cane filled with rocks with one piece of candy at the bottom
humorous calendars
a book called "How to Sh*t in the Woods"
a book called "What Shat That?"
a book called "How to cook everything", a brick, and an eraser
freeze dried food
giant stuffed animals
plastic poop
Funny or embarrassing pictures of friends or coworkers in a frame
workout videos
bad or funny looking movies
a children's book called "Everybody poops"
a White Elephant doll
an ash tray
wind up candy dispensers that poop candy (one was called "Oh Dear")
an ugly tie
Official Fart Chart T-shirt
a case of Monster energy drinks with all the liquid emptied out (holes were poked in the bottom of each can so it looked like a brand new, unopened case)
a roll of trick toilet paper (below the first one or two wraps, most of the T.P. is gone except for about a 1/2 an inch wide on each side to give the illusion of a full roll while all the rest has been cut out) and a can of beans
huge men's underwear
women's panties and bras
rectal pills
an enema kit

Are you referring to a White Elephant/Gag Gift Exchange where you can choose a wrapped gift or steal someone else's gift and they go get another one? If that's the case, the idea is to give something funny that few people would want. If you want to give a flashlight, just get some sort of Disney or other kid's light based on a character or movie/cartoon. Giving kid's toys at an event for adults will get a laugh, and they can always give it to their kids. Solar powered flashlights also work. I just went to a White Elephant gift exchange so I'll give you a list of gifts that have been given and got a good laugh. Here they are:
a can of dog food, an can opener, and a spoon
coal in a bag labeled "From Santa"
adult diapers
a giant road cone
a remote controlled fart machine (person giving it clicked the remote each time someone bent over to get a gift- it was me that had the remote):grin2:
ropelights
cat toys
window mounted doll that dropped it's pants when you pulled a string (it was called a mooney)
live crickets (don't use this gift at an office party)
a plastic, hollow candy cane filled with rocks with one piece of candy at the bottom
humorous calendars
a book called "How to Sh*t in the Woods"
a book called "What Shat That?"
a book called "How to cook everything", a brick, and an eraser
freeze dried food
giant stuffed animals
plastic poop
Funny or embarrassing pictures of friends or coworkers in a frame
workout videos
bad or funny looking movies
a children's book called "Everybody poops"
a White Elephant doll
an ash tray
wind up candy dispensers that poop candy (one was called "Oh Dear")
an ugly tie
Official Fart Chart T-shirt
a case of Monster energy drinks with all the liquid emptied out (holes were poked in the bottom of each can so it looked like a brand new, unopened case)
a roll of trick toilet paper (below the first one or two wraps, most of the T.P. is gone except for about a 1/2 an inch wide on each side to give the illusion of a full roll while all the rest has been cut out) and a can of beans
huge men's underwear
women's panties and bras
rectal pills
an enema kit

While that is the true nature of the game is you say, I need to be careful since the email seemed to place more emphasis on the "stealing" part of the game. Therefore I thought it best to play the other side and try to provide a really popular gift that would be stolen a lot.

I stopped by Home Depot to follow up on a lot of the suggestions given. I found a multi mode MiniMag, which was a shock to me. I had no idea this existed. Following a search I realized these have been out for some time, but nevertheless I was impressed by the product and also the 9.88 price tag - SOLD!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
While that is the true nature of the game is you say, I need to be careful since the email seemed to place more emphasis on the "stealing" part of the game. Therefore I thought it best to play the other side and try to provide a really popular gift that would be stolen a lot.

I stopped by Home Depot to follow up on a lot of the suggestions given. I found a multi mode MiniMag, which was a shock to me. I had no idea this existed. Following a search I realized these have been out for some time, but nevertheless I was impressed by the product and also the 9.88 price tag - SOLD!

thats a really good price. I was just at my local HD yesterday night and the multi mode MML was selling for ~$20, the incan was $9.

Final follow up: there was about a 50/50 split of useful/gag gifts. The game was perfect with that split because there was a lot of fun with the gag gifts and having people try to unload them and talk them up, but the nice gifts help propogate steals. The MiniMag got locked out (following 3 steals the gift can no longer be stolen) quickly after opening so I'll call it a hit.