Solarforce Stainless Steel Retaining Rings from Lighthound

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
" Does NOT fit G&P or SureFire heads."
Oh, whoops...helps to read the fine print. Guess I just took for granted it would work on SF since it worked on a clone.

Glad I didn't pull the trigger on this..thanks for saving me 4 bucks!

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, whoops...helps to read the fine print. Guess I just took for granted it would work on SF since it worked on a clone.

Glad I didn't pull the trigger on this..thanks for saving me 4 bucks!

You got you answer but just to be a little more specific for those who might come later. The Solarforce head to body, and body to tail threadings are the same. The bezel to head threading is not the same.

Not as cheap but a Solarforce head and the stainless retaining ring would be an option if you really wanted to use the ring.

Last edited:

rje58

Enlightened
That is also a particularly good option to convert a standard G2 Nitrolon to use LED dropin modules...

Not as cheap but a Solarforce head and the stainless retaining ring would be an option if you really wanted to use the ring.

bspofford

Enlightened
" Does NOT fit G&P or SureFire heads."

Are you sure? I have two Surefire 6P lights, and Solarforce stainless steel bezels fit them just fine. I bought them a couple of years ago, and I assume that Surefire hasn't changed their specs.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I bought one for my L2. It's really nice looking but the shame is it screws INSIDE the head once you remove the stock crenulated bezel. This means to see it you must be looking INSIDE the business end of the flashlight. I wish it extended OVER the head so it could be seen.

recDNA

Flashaholic
DARN! I just bought the other one.

The link posted at the beginning of the thread shows the one I have.

Oh wait - is the L2-B3 crenulated? I have no use for pointy things on flashlights

Last edited:

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one for my L2. It's really nice looking but the shame is it screws INSIDE the head once you remove the stock crenulated bezel. This means to see it you must be looking INSIDE the business end of the flashlight. I wish it extended OVER the head so it could be seen.

I bought one too , but I prefer the fact that it can only be seen from the front ... I didn't want to have a shiny bit visible from the side.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Yes, it is crenelated, but very low profile.

Here are two pictures of the bezels:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3315720&postcount=837

Very, very nice looking but I don't like crenulations. Round them off and... :hitit:

You know what...the next thing I buy from Lighthound (and there will be more) I'll try one. For $4 what's to lose? It is better looking than the one I have now. If you click on the link and scroll down you can see my bezel. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3323079&postcount=9

The thing is that's not the one referred to in post 1. Got a link to THAT bezel ring? Is it this??? http://www.lighthound.com/Solarforc...rce-and-Lighthound-heads-40COPY41_p_3505.html

Out of stock! Ugh

Last edited:

Gryffin

Enlightened
It is better looking than the one I have now. If you click on the link and scroll down you can see my bezel. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3323079&postcount=9

WHo cares if it looks better? THe important thing IMHO is that the new B3 bezel actually protects the front edge of the head. The old one fits below the edge, and provides no protection whatsoever.

Gonna be gettin' me a couple of those B3 bezels as soon as I find any in stock, to! :hitit:

Jvalera

Newly Enlightened
I got one to fit a full ss 6p head from lighthound which originaly wears
full crenelations, but it sinks too deep that leaves the heads rim exposed
which is quite sharp. Im done with and wont use aluminum 6p bezels any more as they just ding up too easily if not wearing filters.

recDNA

Flashaholic
WHo cares if it looks better? THe important thing IMHO is that the new B3 bezel actually protects the front edge of the head. The old one fits below the edge, and provides no protection whatsoever.

Gonna be gettin' me a couple of those B3 bezels as soon as I find any in stock, to! :hitit:

If uou don't care what it looks like use the stock bezel. It protects the head fine...and you can use it as a box cutter too!

Gryffin

Enlightened
If uou don't care what it looks like use the stock bezel. It protects the head fine...

True, but it shows every ding, too. I want a stainless steel bezel because it'll still look loke shiny stainless steel, even if abused.

...and you can use it as a box cutter too!

Heh heh heh… That's another reason why I want a replacement! :D

Gryffin

Enlightened
Well, here's a nice surprise. A coupla weeks back I ordered an L2-B2 stainless "crenulated" bezel from the eBay seller International Trading Corporation, along with a few other parts for my LEGO amusement; what arrived, however, was an L2-B3 bezel.

Needless to say, I'm not complaining. :D

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice!!!

I've been watching their ebay listings waiting for the L2-B3 to show up in them.

With my luck I'd order the L2-B2 and actually get the L2-B2 :ohgeez: :D

Gryffin

Enlightened
Update: I sent ITC a message, saying those B3 bezels are in demand over here, and that if he had 'em, he really should put 'em up cos I knew a lotta flashoholics who would be interested.

Got this response this morning:

Dear friend,

Thanks for your email.

You can ask your friend, we have the new not that sharp B3 bezel now

The price is USD 8.99 each see if they are interest, if yes you can contact me

Thanks for your email and nice to do business with you

take care and wish you all the best

So if you need an L2-B3 bezel, contact ITC, he'll hook ya up! lovecpf