Interest Feeler: Malkoff MD1

jonesy

Enlightened
First off, I am in no way affiliated with Gene Malkoff or his company, I just happen to really like his products, workmanship, and way of doing business. As a fan of his dropins, I would like to see a real dual-mode 3P, single CR123 sized light. Imagine an MD2 chopped down to fit just one cell! I have yet to see anything similar to this on the market, other than the fivemega tubes, but there seems to be no turnkey 3P sized lights anymore. It seems like a niche that needs filling.

Yes, he does sell the valiant concepts twisty but it's lacking in a few categories: 1) Twisty only 2) no dual mode capability 3) that logo on the bezel.

For me, it would be the perfect light: 2 modes, a great clicky, small and compact, wonderful build quality, HA, and most importantly, lets me run whatever p60 malkoff dropin that he has made and will make in the future.

Anyone else interested?

post tenebras

Enlightened
Not interested in an MD1 per se. I'd buy an Elzetta 1 x CR123 body which would accomplish all you're proposing in a cooler-looking package :D

What I'd really love is a Malkoff-designed mini 1 x 123 (not a host for his drop-ins). :twothumbs

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
3) that logo on the bezel.

LOL!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

i would be intrested in this light...but it'd cost too much for me...so i might have to pass...

sounds intresting though! im sure others would like it just as much

jblackwood

Enlightened
Dereelight's Javelin uses P60 dropins and lets you run them off either one AA or one CR123 using the C2H body. It's a forward clicky that tailstands well, to boot!

jonesy

Enlightened
Dereelight's Javelin uses P60 dropins and lets you run them off either one AA or one CR123 using the C2H body. It's a forward clicky that tailstands well, to boot!

That's still not the same and the anodizing doesn't match, but thanks for the heads up. Strange, I thought there would be more interest over such a small and versatile light. I just don't want to have to buy a new light led tech jumps forward as it seems to be doing.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I am using two 18340's in my MD2 with the M60LL, or sometimes the M60, and I would like to see a single cell MD body that would accommodate that cell so I can run the M30 with more runtime in a short body.

Bill

tundratrader

Enlightened
I guess I dont see the point. The best part of his dropins is running them on an 18650 cell and getting piles of light and runtime. The single cell lights are just to small!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
You missed this part of my post:

Yes, he does sell the valiant concepts twisty but it's lacking in a few categories: 1) Twisty only 2) no dual mode capability 3) that logo on the bezel.
This little lump of metal is very easy to momentary, two fingers hold the head and you have the whole body as a "giant button". I rarely twist this light on. This light feels unbreakable:bow:

Don't worry about the logo. the lettering is not that dominant in real, only if you stare at it, holding it as close to your eye as you can focus. macrowiev:grin2: Anyway my pocket don't mind it, and has now after some months given the lettering a warmer color... emm its probably dirty lol
I love this little bugger so much, that i had to go make a white wall beam shot:candle:
Picture%20016c.jpg

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
:D Especially with a little Sharpie fill in!

One honest little niggle with it though............. I tightened it really well and didn't change modules for a few months. When I opened the head and took out the module the optic stayed attached to the gasket which stayed attached to the bezel. I should of pushed on the optic instead of pulling on the back of it. Of course this would probably of only happed to one out of a few thousand people. :laughing: Of course that's me!

:mecry::oops:
But I popped it back in and re-assembled the VME head. I now have a little donut that I didn't have before but otherwise it's just fine.