Surefires on Ebay

Geordie

Newly Enlightened
Hi there new to forum but not flashlights. I see on Ebay Surefires U2, L2, and A2 at very good prices around £100 which they state being BNIB. How come on Surefire website the U2 is $295. Are thet fakes are just good deals they are all from an American seller. Also which do you thinks is the best of mentioned I have an old style A2 which is my favourite flashlight. Thanks Geordie.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
hard to say without actually seeing the seller history.
I bought both my BNIB SF lights from reputable ebay sellers... no regrets.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I have a few SF light that I purchased new and used for well under MSRP from Ebay and I also have no regrets. Like Kramer said make sure you see sellers feedback. GL.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
90% of my collection is from the bay.

As with anything you buy off ebay, know everything you can about the product so you can pick a fake, read the description carefully, and only buy off a seller you can trust.

:thumbsup:

Alberta-Blue

Newly Enlightened
You need to make sure that you check the feedback... especially the feedback relating to products you want to buy. For the most part, that will tell you what you want to know.

Also; be sure that it isnt a low starting bid that you were looking at. Its is pretty common for a seller to start WELL below the MSRP and let it rocket from there.

Good luck

Petersen

Newly Enlightened
Hi there new to forum but not flashlights. I see on Ebay Surefires U2, L2, and A2 at very good prices around £100 which they state being BNIB. How come on Surefire website the U2 is $295. Are thet fakes are just good deals they are all from an American seller. Also which do you thinks is the best of mentioned I have an old style A2 which is my favourite flashlight. Thanks Geordie.

Checked some of the U2's - and looks like they are the Luxeon V types...

This could also mean that the UB3 is close to be released :twothumbs

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
90% of my collection is from the bay.

As with anything you buy off ebay, know everything you can about the product so you can pick a fake, read the description carefully, and only buy off a seller you can trust.

:thumbsup:
Same here. I've never paid MRSP in my life. eBay is the way!

DM51

Flashaholic
Most of mine came from the MarketPlace, from other CPFers. Far more trustworthy, and most of the lights indistinguishable from brand new!

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of mine came from the MarketPlace, from other CPFers. Far more trustworthy, and most of the lights indistinguishable from brand new!
What he said... I've never bought a light from Ebay. I did try for the ARC6 circus , but that was an exception and I didn't win anyway...:sick2:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
+2 on what DM51 said.

The Marketplace is your best bet :twothumbs

Ebay would be the second choice.

I would never pay full UK retail price for a SF knowing that they sell for
roughly 2/3rds in the US

BTW, for me I would go for the U2