LED CREE ??

boz

Newly Enlightened
Probably the dumbest question asked this month but can someone explain to me what an LED CREE is. I know the LED bit, it's the CREE I'm not sure about. Thanks. I'm still learning:eek:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey Boz,

Cree is the Manufacturer of the LED :)

feel free to ask more questions. I'll be watching the thread.

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
Basically CREE is one of the major companies that manufactures LEDs. I'm sure some other cpf'ers have more specific details.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cree is one of the largest group of First Nations/Aboriginals in North America, located mainly across Canada. LED Cree is the term for Cree tribes which use the most energy efficient lighting for lighting up their camps.

NewTech

Newly Enlightened
Cree is one of the largest group of First Nations/Aboriginals in North America, located mainly across Canada. LED Cree is the term for Cree tribes which use the most energy efficient lighting for lighting up their camps.

WOW !.
Thanks for the info.

Ginny Skalski

Newly Enlightened
Haha, loved the explanation of LED Cree as "the term for Cree tribes which use the most energy efficient lighting for lighting up their camps."

But thought I would let you know the real reason we're called Cree (As a Cree employee, I get asked this a lot actually). Cree actually stems from a family name of our co-founders. It's as simple as that. Erasmus' answer is definitely pretty creative though. :laughing:

Raytech

Newly Enlightened
Haha, loved the explanation of LED Cree as "the term for Cree tribes which use the most energy efficient lighting for lighting up their camps."

But thought I would let you know the real reason we're called Cree (As a Cree employee, I get asked this a lot actually). Cree actually stems from a family name of our co-founders. It's as simple as that. Erasmus' answer is definitely pretty creative though. :laughing:

Oh Hey Ginny! As a Cree employee, thanks for the great product. Give your bosses a message from us here at CPF please. "MORE LUMENS"

Thanks