New Fenix TK-12 R2.

brianch

Enlightened
When are they going to bring back that green color on the TK10. I actually stuck with the TK10 because of the neat color.:cool:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing:

My first thought "why didn't they just release them with the R2's from the get go :thinking:" :laughing:

I guess people wont then buy two!

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am tempted by this one (though I know a R5 is months away) because I really like my R2 tint on my PD30+ You should have put one in there from the start (and included the 18650 tube too) Fenix!

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, for that light, and at this time, I would prefer an R2 or R3 bin Cree XP-E over an R5 XP-G. That light has a big reflector and with the XP-E, it would throw a lot farther while getting rid of the rings of the Cree XR-E. Did they at least switch to the XP-E? Even without much improvement in efficiency, it would make a huge difference in throw.

light1up

Newly Enlightened
Hello, Im either getting one of these or a TK10, depending if a TK-12 body tube will fit the 10 for the larger battery. I dunno. What are the differences in the 240 lumen version, opposed to the 225? I know little about all the technicalities here, and you guys are light gurus..LOL..never even knew you guys existed, but glad to find you. So what are the differences I could expect to witness between these 2 lights? Is there actually a visible difference in the brightness or size of the beam due to the 15 claimed lumen increase?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, Im either getting one of these or a TK10, depending if a TK-12 body tube will fit the 10 for the larger battery. I dunno. What are the differences in the 240 lumen version, opposed to the 225? I know little about all the technicalities here, and you guys are light gurus..LOL..never even knew you guys existed, but glad to find you. So what are the differences I could expect to witness between these 2 lights? Is there actually a visible difference in the brightness or size of the beam due to the 15 claimed lumen increase?

Hi,

I would say that the difference between 240 and 225 lumens is VERY subtle. You can possibly notice it with a careful side-by-side comparison, but I am not sure about it.

Regards, Patric

Last edited: