JetBeam Beamshots 18,25,50 & 200+ meter shots

black kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

Just sharing our outdoor pics of our JetBeam Flashlights, we wanted to test them out at different ranges. All of them posted are on High mode

Thank you very much to our photographer Mr. Joel Jaime who took the shots, we are not familiar yet on what settings to best use for beamshots so we did our best:D

Thank you also to Trish Danes Sempio and Arnel Pascua for being our Subjects.

Area is University of the Philippines campus

We started around 7:30pm and finished around 11:30pm. We had fun so much fun doing it, the security guards walked all the way from the other side of the campus to check out the freaky lights hehehe:naughty:

Any suggestions for our next outing would be great:D

All distances are estimated only, I wish I had a laser range finder!:mecry:

18 meters
RRT-118metersHighmodePOST.jpg

RRT-218metersHighmodePOST.jpg

M1X18metersHighmodePOST.jpg

E3P18metersHighmodecopyPOST.jpg

25 Meters

RRT-125metersHighmodePOST.jpg

RRT-225metersHighmodePOST.jpg

M1X25metersHighmodePOST.jpg

E3P25metersHighmodePOST.jpg

50 meters

RRT-150metersHighmodePOST.jpg

RRT-250metersHighmodePOST.jpg

M1X50metersHighmodePOST.jpg

E3P50metersHighmodePOST.jpg

Field shots and 200+ meters

RRT-1Fieldshot1HighmodePOST.jpg

RRT-1Fieldshot2HighmodePOST.jpg

RRT-1200metersPOST.jpg

RRT-2FieldShot1HighmodePOST.jpg

RRT-2FieldShot2HighmodePOST.jpg

RRT-2200meterssunkengardenPOST.jpg

M1XFieldShot1HighmodePOST.jpg

M1XFieldShot2HighmodePOST.jpg

M1X200metersPOST.jpg

E3PFieldShot1HighmodePOST.jpg

E3PFieldShot2HighmodePOST.jpg

E3P with light diffuser
E3Pwithlightdiffuser1POST.jpg

E3Pwithlightdiffuser2POST.jpg

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great shots! Very nice comparison and the first I've seen using real people.

Looks like those guys are being abducted by aliens
abduction.gif

BTW, you wouldn't happen to have any Jet III ST beamshots?

Thanks, they were very helpful!

brianch

Enlightened
Awesome. This is just what I was looking for. Gotta love em JETBeams. Keep up the good work! :party:
That RRT-1 may as well be a laser. I was on the edge about ordering the M1X and RRT-1.. After seeing this, I think I want these lights =(

Last edited:

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Great beamshots, I'm sure this kind of preview will be useful for anyone who has to find someone or something in the dark, when choosing a light.

black kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Great shots! Very nice comparison and the first I've seen using real people.

Looks like those guys are being abducted by aliens
abduction.gif

BTW, you wouldn't happen to have any Jet III ST beamshots?

Thanks, they were very helpful!

Hi guys, thanks for the compliments, we will do the, Jet 1 Pro Jet III M and the RRT-0 in January when our orders come.

Im doing a side by side comparison with Solarforce Skyline and JetBeam RRT-1. Ill try to post it later:grin2:

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, thanks for the compliments, we will do the, Jet 1 Pro Jet III M and the RRT-0 in January when our orders come.

Im doing a side by side comparison with Solarforce Skyline and JetBeam RRT-1. Ill try to post it later:grin2:

Great! We'll be waiting for this comparison with RRt-0.

A question: Whats the reflector type [SMO or hybrid] used in the RRT-1 in these beamshots?
As said, the RRT-1 looks amazing!

Cheers,
Dioni

black kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Great! We'll be waiting for this comparison with RRt-0.

A question: Whats the reflector type [SMO or hybrid] used in the RRT-1 in these beamshots?
As said, the RRT-1 looks amazing!

Cheers,
Dioni

We used a SMO reflector, in person, the beam looks like a laser beam cutting through the night:twothumbs

funkymonkey1111

Enlightened
thanks for posting these--it almost looks like the RRT1 has a better, tighter beam than the M1X--is that your thought from seeing it in person?

LowFlux

Enlightened
thanks for posting these--it almost looks like the RRT1 has a better, tighter beam than the M1X--is that your thought from seeing it in person?
The RRT1 uses an XPE R2, the M1X uses a MCE (given manufacturer emitter lumens, the M1X is almost twice as bright).

Because of the quad-die on the MCE, the M1X has a dark spot in the middle of the beam. Since it's a MCE there is a lot more light; and Jetbeam designed the M1X with a deep reflector so it's a lot of light that gets thrown down range (except for the darker area in the middle of the beam).

The RRT1 is all throw, not so much spill. The M1X is a thrower using an emitter that is better designed for spill. Of the 2, I like the M1X more since it has a good compromise of throw and spill. I held off on buying the M1X because of the promise of the RRT3 and the SST90 LED (hearing about the donut hole turned me off a little); but after hearing how many guys here love their M1X I finally caved. lovecpf

I run my M1X on 2x 18500s so I don't need the extender but get great runtime.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting these non white wall and totally useful beamshots. Real world application is very relevant to those that go outside of their white walls...

Two quick questions...

1. You mentioned that you used the SMO reflector with the RRT-1. How is the output with the Hybrid reflector? Do you have any pictures of this?

2. What battery configuration were you using in the RRT-1? I understand that this light is "supposed to" have the same output on all three usable battery types (2x123, 2x16340, and 1x18650), but I am courious if this is actually the case.

Thanks again for the great shots.:twothumbs

TriChrome

Enlightened
I also initially had that impression (and was a little pissed since I bought the M1X for it's throw...), but it seems like the 200 yard photo of the M1X is off center (the person is more towards the top of the light). If it was more centered I'm sure the person would have been better lit up and would look overall better than the RRT1.