EagleTac P20C2, T10LC2, T100C2 MarkII, TK11 R2

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
EagleTac P20C2, T10LC2, T100C2 MarkII, $50-$70

Fenix TK11 R2 $65 shipped from Blade HQ in Utah

Fenix PD30 R4 XP-G $70

Opinions please?

Any reason to wait for something similar and better coming in the next 2-3 weeks for between $50-$70 shipped?

I'm done to the wire on my second real flashlight purchase since my first Fenix P2D Q5:twothumbs that really put the hooks in me. I would like to do it right for the right amount of money.

Thanks

DigMe

Enlightened
Wait a month on the P20C2 if you end up going with that one. They're coming out with a new UI that will allow you to have strobe disabled if you want. I wish I could disable it on mine. Eagletac has new models coming out soon.

brad

liketotallyrandom

Newly Enlightened
I've been enjoying the throw of the T100C2 MII. It actually lit the top of a 400 foot dome in a cave (admittedly dimly, but enough to see it). Very tight beam, and awesomely, no strobe (!). Made me a fan of the XP-E's small and brilliant surface. So, if that's what you're looking for...

DigMe

Enlightened
I've been enjoying the throw of the T100C2 MII. It actually lit the top of a 400 foot dome in a cave (admittedly dimly, but enough to see it). Very tight beam, and awesomely, no strobe (!). Made me a fan of the XP-E's small and brilliant surface. So, if that's what you're looking for...

I do really like my T100C2 as well. The P20C2 will throw about as far but with much more spill. The T100C2 has a better clickie switch but doesn't have a true low like the P20C2.

brad

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
Is the TK11 worth the extra bucks?

I wonder if a new and improved version of the TK11 R2 is coming soon?

I saw the new TK12 from what I hear it's not all that great with the extra features.

Dole

Newly Enlightened
Wait a month on the P20C2 if you end up going with that one. They're coming out with a new UI that will allow you to have strobe disabled if you want. I wish I could disable it on mine. Eagletac has new models coming out soon.

brad

Has this been confirmed? I just ordered a T20C2 and I knew some crap like this would happen.:hairpull:

Storogoth

Newly Enlightened
I would stay away from the T10LC2. Had mine since April and died a couple of weeks ago. It had been a really nice light, in my pocket 2-3 days a week. lots of light, really compact and lightweight. For a week or so the switch went off-off-on, hmmm, strange but not too big of a deal, then just died on me one night. :sigh: Tried cleaning everything, the shorting battery trick but nothing. I really do like my T100C2 but it's a bit too bulky for the EDC pocket carry.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it depends on what your gonna use it for if its EDC I would go with the PD30 or P20C2. I really like the P20C2 very nice throw with still very usable spill. If you want a tactical light and all of its size the T100 is really nice and thats what I would choose over the other tac lights you mention.

Also consider what other members have mentioned about the new(er) models coming out in a month with the strobe being able to deactivate.

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if I could later upgrade the TK11 R2 with a drop-in? I was reading about how the DereeLights can easily be upgraded as new tech evolves.

It seems like flashlights are upgraded and improved almost weekly?

Have you all seen prices drop on the older models of lights as so many new and improved ones come out so quickly?

Seems like if your a person who likes to hold the power of the sun in your pocket then you must go nuts trying to chase that power. It keeps getting easier to manipulate these lights and they seem to constantly get more powerful in smaller or "cooler" looking packages.

I wonder how big this market is world wide?

Hawkeye75

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking I'll wait a little bit to see what Eagle Tac comes out with.

It seems like for the most part you can't go wrong with EagleTac.

Alistair

Newly Enlightened
I have had a T10Lc2 for 6 months and am very impressed. Beautifully simple with no strobe etc..
Sorry I missed the 4 Sevens sell-off, I would have liked to have bought one of the more powerful Eagletacs. Surely ETac must soon be bringing out something using the new SST LED's.

Latest posts