LED for farm use

LeeG

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a flashlight for my in-laws who have a grain/cattle/hog farm in the midwest. They currently have a few of (and really like) those Husky 2D cell LED's that Home Depot were selling last year, but have apparently discontinued.

Does anyone know where I can find anything similar?
The only thing I have been able to find is MAG LED's, and they didn't have the best luck with them.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
today in this world, among the best flashlight can easily be found online. don't waste time and petrol please.

get something like a Tk20 which comes in grey and yellow. Runs on 2xAA.they'll love it!

LeeG

Newly Enlightened
I'll check Lowe's. The TK20 is more than they really want to spend. They are basically wanting to by 4-8 of them to have at different places on the farm, so $20-$25 is the price range they are looking at. Those Brinkman's might do the trick too.

I am currently waiting for Malkoff to get some of the 2-3D cell drop ins to upgrade the rest of my MAG's.

Burgess

Flashaholic
They are basically wanting to buy 4-8 of them to have at different places on the farm . . . .

Ah, that tells me they don't EDC carry a flashlight. :shakehead

Get a 2xAA flashlight, like 4Sevens Quark, or Fenix TK20.

Get a nice comfortable, secure belt holster -- like a RipOffs model BL-153.

Carry 1 flashlight with you, all day long. :)

No need to buy 4-8 of them to have at different places on the farm.

:whistle:
_

da.gee

Enlightened
Tell them to think of it as a tool. You wouldn't buy five wrenches and place them in different places around the farm. You'd have one wrench and take it where you need it.

LeeG

Newly Enlightened
As I recall, the MAG LED didn't have sufficient throw.
I have been trying to get them to just EDC a light, but it has been a hard sell - hard to teach some old dogs a new trick.