Imalent        
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 335

Thread: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's , GS and now High CRI

  1. #181

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Panasonic enelop pro battery(aaa) also uses possible?

  2. #182

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    I want to buy the O-Ring set and grease used in Haiku, saphhire gs
    do you sell?
    Last edited by roguestorms; 02-27-2015 at 05:15 AM.

  3. #183
    *Flashaholic* McGizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maui
    Posts
    17,264

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Quote Originally Posted by roguestorms View Post
    I want to buy the O-Ring set and grease used in Haiku, saphhire gs
    do you sell?
    I don't sell the O-ring set but can supply the O-rings as needed (not very often). The grease I am now using is Christo Lube and I gather it can be found a number of places throughout the world. I switched over from Krytox because this seems to be comparable and easier to get. I don't sell the grease either. I buy it from Amazon as needed.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

  4. #184

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Hi....Don
    Send e-mail...

  5. #185
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,472

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    I found these tiny S-biners fit the sapphire perfectly.

    DO NOT trust the above! My Sapphire came off, luckily I found it in my car. I replaced the keychain with S-Biner Microlocks. Now I am sure it will stay put.

    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

  6. #186
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,472

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    I am finding if my Sapphire sits for a few days it wont turn on, but if I take my battery out and wipe the + and - contacts with my fingers and reinstall it lights up again. I am using an energizer ultimate lithium. Any ideas?
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

  7. #187
    yoyoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Switzerland/Scarsdale
    Posts
    2,345

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    I have a Sapphire GS running on an Energizer lithium primary and I don't have any issues. It can go days or even weeks without use and turns on without a problem. Perhaps you should a full clean up and relube and see if that resolves your problem.

  8. #188
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,472

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoman View Post
    I have a Sapphire GS running on an Energizer lithium primary and I don't have any issues. It can go days or even weeks without use and turns on without a problem. Perhaps you should a full clean up and relube and see if that resolves your problem.
    Good idea, I'll try that tonite. Thank you.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

  9. #189
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,472

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Seems to have solved the issue, but the foam retaining ring came off when I was cleaning it. What kind of adhesive do you use Don?

    Thanks
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

  10. #190
    *Flashaholic* McGizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maui
    Posts
    17,264

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Seems to have solved the issue, but the foam retaining ring came off when I was cleaning it. What kind of adhesive do you use Don?

    Thanks
    The foam cushion has its own adhesive film on it which obviously has now failed. Perhaps a dab of any glue you have on hand? I cut these out by hand with a hole punch and die I made from a strip of 1/2" wide foam strip on a roll. I think it's called poron foam?
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

  11. #191
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,472

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    The foam cushion has its own adhesive film on it which obviously has now failed. Perhaps a dab of any glue you have on hand? I cut these out by hand with a hole punch and die I made from a strip of 1/2" wide foam strip on a roll. I think it's called poron foam?
    Thank you Don. It is working just fine sitting in there. I suspect to get a year out of each battery, I'll just be careful when I'm swapping cells.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

  12. #192

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Hi Don,

    have you any of the sapphires left?

    Thanks in advance.

    Sincerely
    Michael

  13. #193
    *Flashaholic* McGizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maui
    Posts
    17,264

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Quote Originally Posted by sbv View Post
    Hi Don,

    have you any of the sapphires left?

    Thanks in advance.

    Sincerely
    Michael
    Yes, I am still building these upon request.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

  14. #194
    Flashaholic* bigchelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    3,599

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    email sent regarding the purchase of a Sapphire GS, which is what you have available now!

    Looking forward to working with you and enjoying my Sapphire soon.

    bigC
    Surefire 6P with Malkoff M60 simple, bright, efficient.

  15. #195

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    I would like to order a sapphire too.

    Tim


    Quote Originally Posted by bigchelis View Post
    email sent regarding the purchase of a Sapphire GS, which is what you have available now!

    Looking forward to working with you and enjoying my Sapphire soon.

    bigC

  16. #196

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    I never got an email from you. I check the spam folder too.
    Tim

  17. #197
    Moderator
    nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,003

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Did you send Don an email with your order? When?

  18. #198
    *Flashaholic* McGizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maui
    Posts
    17,264

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Quote Originally Posted by tterry View Post
    I never got an email from you. I check the spam folder too.
    Tim
    Hi Tim,
    I haven't received an e-mail from you to my knowledge. I just checked my spam folder and don't see anything.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

  19. #199

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    I tried to send you an email but it would not let me. Not sure what I am doing wrong?

  20. #200

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Don,

    I think I figured it out

  21. #201
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Jax, FL
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    I have had my Sapphire GS for a few years now. I keep mine with a neck cord on the small table by my bed. Never had to use it in a power outage, as those here in NE Florida have been few and brief in the recent past. Very easy on the eyes and sufficient output to keep me out of harms way if I don't want to flip the lights late at night. I'm always impressed with the output (warm & flood) with dark adapted eyes. The Sapphire GS looks and performs as nice today as the day I purchased it.

  22. #202
    Flashaholic* tobrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia Highway 441
    Posts
    4,861

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    I don't sell the O-ring set but can supply the O-rings as needed (not very often). The grease I am now using is Christo Lube and I gather it can be found a number of places throughout the world. I switched over from Krytox because this seems to be comparable and easier to get. I don't sell the grease either. I buy it from Amazon as needed.
    Is Christo lube the stuff you use on the Haiku threads? or is this O-ring lube?

    also, it looks like there are a few versions. Which one?
    Last edited by tobrien; 08-04-2015 at 11:18 AM.
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

  23. #203

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    An unrelated post here but that little skink (Lampropholis Delicata) on page one is actually a native from my local area which is quite an amount of ocean away from Hawaii. I'm not quite sure how they came to colonise other parts of the world but they are certainly common in my garden hence the name "Common Garden Skink".
    Just thought that Don and any other nature lovers might be interested in that bit of information.
    Last edited by F89; 10-17-2015 at 10:44 PM.

  24. #204
    Flashaholic* tobrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia Highway 441
    Posts
    4,861

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Quote Originally Posted by F89 View Post
    An unrelated post here but that little skink (Lampropholis Delicata) on page one is actually a native from my local area which is quite an amount of ocean away from Hawaii. I'm not quite sure how they came to colonise other parts of the world but they are certainly common in my garden hence the name "Common Garden Skink".
    Just thought that Don and any other nature lovers might be interested in that bit of information.
    very cool info!
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

  25. #205
    Flashaholic* jonwkng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,994

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Email sent, Don.

  26. #206

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    I'm not sure if I missed it in a post somewhere but can someone tell me what the CRI of the Sapphire GS is?

  27. #207
    Flashaholic* RedLED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan
    Posts
    3,574

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Mine is warm, but, I don't know the color Temp.? Very nice light, love it!
    Last edited by RedLed; 10-22-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

  28. #208

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Quote Originally Posted by RedLed View Post
    Mine is warm, but, I don't know? Very nice light, love it!
    Yeah it looks like a nice warm tint which I think suits the light itself, it would be nice if it has a decent CRI to go with it.

  29. #209
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,472

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    I wouldn't call it warm. To me warm is the HDS CRI clicky with XPG, (3700K?). Sapphire isn't even near that warm. Mine looks pure white, maybe leaning warm, but not much. It certainly isn't cool by any means however.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

  30. #210

    Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's + NEW GS

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    I wouldn't call it warm. To me warm is the HDS CRI clicky with XPG, (3700K?). Sapphire isn't even near that warm. Mine looks pure white, maybe leaning warm, but not much. It certainly isn't cool by any means however.
    I've only seen pictures at this point. I guess the Sapphire 25 looks cool and the GS looks a bit warm.
    Any guess on the CRI?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •