Jetbeam RRT-1 or Thrunite Catapult?

wolfstyle

Enlightened
I'm interested in both of these lights. I'm wondering if anybody has both of these and can give their opinions on them.

Thanks,
wolfstyle

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're in different weight divisions.
RRT-1 is smaller, lighter and runs on 1x18650 while the catapult is bigger, heavier and runs on 2x18650 resulting in higher overall output and runtime.

In terms of throw, they're both roughly the same, although the spot at a distance that you see with a Catapult is likely to be noticeably bigger than the spot produced at a distance.

The catapult is like a long range search light while the RRT-1 is a light with more of a "tactical" purpose (e.g. to light up a specific subject)

wolfstyle

Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies. Well I couldn't make a final decision, so I did the CPF thing and ordered both.

wolfstyle

brianch

Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies. Well I couldn't make a final decision, so I did the CPF thing and ordered both.

wolfstyle
lovecpf congrats on the purchase. You will love both the lights. The catapult will be brighter and more practical for normal use. But the RRT-1 is very fun to play with. Smaller, Insane throw, laser like beam, plus it looks extremely nice imo. You won't be disappointed.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Do not mean to sideswipe the thread but how is the RRT-1 compare to the Tiablo A10?

The Tiablo has a slightly higher lux number, but the RRT-1 is a darn nice light with great looks, quality and relatively small size. I prefer the Jetbeam in practical use.

Latest posts