PM-6 clicky mod???

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have trouble installing their clicky mod from Flashlightlens.com?? My sleave seems too big to fit past the tail cap threads... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Snewt1 said:
Anyone have trouble installing their clicky mod from Flashlightlens.com?? My sleave seems too big to fit past the tail cap threads... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Installation was no problem. Unfortunately the switch proved to be unreliable, though it's possible I had a faulty switch.

Brightnorm

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened
Am I correct in that you take out the guts of the original switch, down to the rubber cap, then slide in the new switch (from the batt. end), drop on the o-ring, and screw the tail cap back on?

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened
I get about .827 for the tail cap and .823 for the sleave....maybe a light sanding will help...

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened
A little sanding and some Rem-DriLube (teflon) and it fits...except for the o-ring...seems its too big...Hmmmm...it fits my mini mag lense nicely....

Switch works fine, not sure where the extra o-ring goes though...the new lens is MUCH nicer than the original.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
BuddTX,

I have one but not here by me. My failing and frail memory tells me however that the LX tail screws INTO the LX body. And I know for certain my G2 and M6 caps screw ONTO the bodies (as I have screwed the G2 cap onto the M6 - crushed the nose of one of the liths trying to get it tight enough to ground)

So flashlightlens.com has the stuff to make it clickie???

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
So flashlightlens.com has the stuff to make it clickie???

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, they do.

Jason Burns

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said: My failing and frail memory tells me however that the LX tail screws INTO the LX body.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not THAT frail . . . you are right! Hence it does NOT fit the M6!

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened
I would be interested to know what OD other people's clicky sleaves are...and the ID of their tail cap threads. I'm willing to bet I have a slightly undersized tail cap.

Post measurements if you can...this info may be useful to others..

PS. Anybody know where that o-ring should have gone???

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
According to Chris at www.Flashlightlens.com the Pel's are sized inconsistently (made in offshore Asia somewhere). Had to turn mine down to get it to fit but it was still inconsistent, and I finally switched to a Z49 clickie instead, which fits/works flawlessly. I know Chris is working feverishly on this problem though.

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
Mr Bulk is correct. The Pelican's are really inconsistent. In fact, I had to re-grind all of my lenses because they fit fine in the silver M6, but not some of the black's. Everything on the black model seeems to be a touch smaller. I did test the sleeve in two of my black models and they fit fine. If anyone has any problems with fit, let me know and I'll send out a modified unit.

Another issue I have found with inconsistent operation seems to be solved by scraping the anodizing off the end of the body. This is one of the main points of contact and should be as clean as possible.

Snewt1 - here's a picture of an assembled M6 with the clickie installed. The o-ring is a cosmetic item meant to fill the gap between the tailcap and the body around the outside of the light.
M6.gif

DangMyNamesTaken

Newly Enlightened
Well, I'd throw my two cents in here, if I had two cents. I just ordered the clickie/lens kit, and already I'm thinkin about hacking and sawing on my new M-6.

I'm new here, but where can I find AAAA batteries? I guess I should peruse the site a bit. Anyway, howdy fellas.

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DangMyNamesTaken said:
I'm new here, but where can I find AAAA batteries? I guess I should peruse the site a bit. Anyway, howdy fellas.

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually get my AAAA batteries at the local drug store in the camera department. batterystation.com has them as well. You may want to check out the electronics/battery forum. Welcome to CPF.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DangMyNamesTaken said:
I'm new here, but where can I find AAAA batteries?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also try Radio Shack.

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened
Hey Mr Flash,

I kinda figured it was not a problem with your mod, as everything I've ordered from you has been first rate. I included the OD of the sleeve for your info in case it was off(highly doubtful).

Anyway, I did sand on the tail cap threads until the clicky fit, now it works lick a charm...Oh yeah, the lens fit fine.

Thanks for the o-ring info, as you could imagine, I was stumped as to where it should go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Snewt1

Newly Enlightened
OFF TOPIC:

Hey DangMy... AU /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif or UA??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif