CMG Reactor vs. Reactor 3

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My first Reactor has that "rotten cat urine green" color throughout its beam, but my second Reactor and my Reactor 3 doesn't. I'm guessing you got a lemon (or lime).

If you write CMG and tell them the color pisses you off, you ought to get a nice white one in exchange.

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
My CMG RIII had nice white although little bit purple beam.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The newer Reactor IIIs are starting to become whiter and more violet. Early on, they were wildly varying, as I had one that was white with a light greenish corona, while my roommate had one that was literally puke green... Needless to say, he returned his, and kept mine...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
My first Reactor has that "rotten cat urine green" color throughout its beam ...

[/ QUOTE ]

You should copyright that color name, it's so descriptive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tech

Newly Enlightened
My first Reactor 3 was rather green. I called CMG, sent it in, and they sent me another that is much whiter.

Interestingly, they now claim to have changed the packaging so that it no longer gives the impression that your light will be pure white.

CMG has great customer service, so give them a call.

Also, and you can search CPF for this thread, you can put a tailcap from the 2AA Reactor onto the 3AA Reactor. This cap has no resistor in it, and boosts the light quite a bit...making it brighter and whiter.
It also voids any warranty you might have, I imagine...and I haven't seen anyone post here on what this does to battery or LED life.

T.