Tightly focussed beam lights?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would you experienced flashaholics say is the flashlight with the tightest focussed beam that you have experience with?

Thanks.

rycen

Enlightened
Pelican super sabre light and pelican stealth light,both have very tight pencil thin beams as do pelican in general.Streamlight propoly 3C also has tight beam.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also if you're looking for larger higher output lights, the Underwater Kinetics SL6 has a very tight beam.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
SL6
smile.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
My Pelican 2aaa MityLite is a fav as it throws a good tight smooth beam that is perty bright.

It is also small enough that I carry it always clipped in back of my right front pocket.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
SL4 and SL6 - does anyone have two to do a side by side comparison? Is the 6 worth the extra in initial cost and additional batteries?

Specs suggests it's 5.5W vs 8W, are there that much of a diff in noticeable light output?!

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad's 6D Malight has a pretty tight beam...albeit not too pretty. I've tried the Streamlight Ultrastinger, but the reflector i got was fully faceted and therefore, gave a surefire like beam. It wasn't as tight as i wanted it to be, so i returned it. Hopefully, when i get another Ultrastinger, it will come with the new reflector and will have a tighter beam.

P.S. I have an LSI Spotlight...can't get any tighter with a 6" reflector.
grin.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
Can anybody compare the SL6 to the Surefire 9NT? I would assume the 9NT being a very tightly focused light, in fact I haven't seen a light like that (but then I don't own the SL6 - yet
wink.gif
)

Klaus.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to have a white laser beam? That would be a combination of many colours... must be ex... but imainge a 5 milli watt 3" wide laser .... 3.5" at 10 KM away...
smile.gif

artar

Enlightened
Originally posted by Onyx:
SL4 and SL6 - does anyone have two to do a side by side comparison? Is the 6 worth the extra in initial cost and additional batteries?

Specs suggests it's 5.5W vs 8W, are there that much of a diff in noticeable light output?!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">diver tests

UKE SL4
uksl4.jpg

UKE SL6
uksl6.jpg

Ratso

Enlightened
The extra watts does make it a lot brighter. It is not noticeable unless you do a side by side comparison. Think of the Surefire M2 vs the M3T. I really like my SL6 because of the really bright long range beam and 3 or more hours of bright light.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SL6 has a funny shape beam tho (like a banana by the side of the circle), must be caused by the bented glass tip which all halogen lamps have...

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mean, it's not the rounded nice ball size bulb the newer versions has, this reflector is thick, 1 inch in length, not like the newer one, which is maybe half an inch.... hmm.....