Looking for long-runtime, nice (floody) beam light, for everyday or emergency use

pulstar

Enlightened
Hi guys,

New year is coming and i feel and urge to treat myself(and my family) with another light. I do have LX2, Nitecore Extreme and Magcharger with terralux 300mr, (i'm currently planning to mod it with custom home-made driver and new xp-g....probably i'll wait till warm ones come out) so i think i have the "throw district" fairly covered. :rolleyes:
I'm EDCing Extreme (and sometimes LX2) but for dedicated night-usage or planned night hiking etc i use only LX2. Magcharger is often just to bright for daily use or night house checks. I'm not using it very much lately, but my father is in love with it:twothumbs.
I'm looking for a light with more floody beam-type and longer runtimes, prefereably CR123 one. I would like the one, that's manufactured in the US or EU. ( i know i'm missing alot of nice flashlights, but i try to support our companies. I can never know when I'll be the victim of manuf. outsorcing and loose my job)
I really like my Surefire LX2, does that company offer something that could suit my needs? It wouldn't be EDC light, more the emergency one(i really like shelf-life or CR123 batteries).

Any suggestions would be highly welcomed...

chibato

Newly Enlightened
The 4Sevens Mini 123 is a great little (and I do mean little) light. Smooth single 123 XPG R5 with a good amount of flood.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak LED Solutions just might have something for you, I think they have a new light called Pyrenees, but I don't know if it's out yet, it uses the XP-G and Peak usually has many output level choices. Best yet, it's American made!

You may want to post something down in their subforum and see if they can help you there.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
The 4Sevens Mini 123 is a great little (and I do mean little) light. Smooth single 123 XPG R5 with a good amount of flood.

Are the 4Sevens lights actually manufactured in the US or EU?

Also would the runtime on the mini be sufficient for the OP's needs? It's not all that long in favour of brightness.

Viper715

Enlightened
Malkoff M30LF or LLF in a Malkof Valiant concept twisty or the Malkoff Valiant Head on a Surefire E1 body. The OP can Taylor output and runtime with wich module he wants and choose a clicky or twisty solution.

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
I vote for an M60 WLF in a surefire or Malkoff body. Over 4 hours of runtime on either a single 17670 or a pair of CR123's and a wonderful smooth beam for just about any utility use within 50 feet.

CELICA XX

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight ProPolymer 3C LED

336 hour run time and made in the USA... I love this light.

Less than $40