Gift Question for you Flashaholics

ThomasJ

Newly Enlightened
My brother if a flashaholic (thats an understatement).

Every year we try and out do each others gifts.

He has a variety of flashlights (the vast majority he modded or built from scratch).

This year I want to get him a mini light (dont know the correct term I am flashlight-handi-capped) to replace his Fenix p2d.

Is that the best out there for that size light?

Or is there a light like the Fenris p2d that would be considered an upgrade.

Any other gift ideas for a flashlight nut would be terrific.

Price can be anywhere really, so long as it is worth it.

Thanks (and sorry for all the parentheses :D)

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
What your brother needs is one of the new 4Sevens Mini 123's, though it might be a bit of a wait to get one. Add a Maratac AAA and he'll be very happy and highly illuminated.

Geoff

ThomasJ

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the ideas.

The mini light idea is out.

Trying to squeeze Information out of him late yesterday he made mention of wanting to wait until the next generation emitter for the pd20 before he upgraded.

Any other ideas guys (and thanks again I really appreciate this).

Any nice drop ins out there?

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
If he's a flashaholic, it will be next to impossible to pick a light for him. He probably has very specific tastes and interests. A light that is awesome to one flashaholic may be useless to the next one. It's like trying to buy shoes for someone. Chances are they won't be a perfect fit no matter how nice they are.

If he wants the next generation pd20, maybe you could get him a gift certificate so he can snag one guilt-free when they come out. Maybe you could even pre-order one.

bluepilgrim

Enlightened
Depending on what he has, you might want to think about 'accessories' like a first class charger or batteries.