Goodies have arrived !! -- Arc LSH-P and Inova x5.

jtice

Flashaholic
JUST got my Arc LSH-P's and an Inova x5t in the mail today! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Arc LSH-P's = #'s 779 and 793
779= Slightly purple tint.
793= Very white, on the green side if any at all.
- The head itself is smaller than I thought. The tail switch is bigger than I thought, lol. So I guess that equaled out. I plan on getting both the 123 and 2AA twisties for it soon.

I have a question about the tail switch though. I have seen 2 different ones on the net. Which is the newest?
Here is the one I recieved today.
arc-lsh-p.jpg

Here is the other that I have seen. I wish I would have got this one instead.
arc-lsh-s.jpg

Can someone please tell me the difference. And which is the newest one?

------------- now.. the Inova x5 --------------------
This light I like alot also. Seems like it will be very useful. Has a pretty good even flood of light. The center hotspot is very purplish/blue. But, that was to be expected, especially next to an Arc LSH-P. The longer runtime of this light should come in very handy.
No,,,, the tail switch on the x5 does NOT do constant on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif You must twist the tail cap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh well.

Both lights are VERY well made,,,, althgouh the overall fit and finish on the Arc's are alittle better.

Cant wait to get my x1 from preorder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

More info on the lights to come shortly, including reviews on my site.

jtice

Flashaholic
Oh BTW... forgot to mention....
I see that Arc has a protective coating film over the lens. Should I take this off? Will it effect light output? One of them has alittle "something" under it, making it bumpy.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great. Now, I want to see your beamshots. Finally your wait for the UPS guy paid off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
the inova switch does not do constant on. It is true since they were first released. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
The original Inova X5s did not have a tailswitch, and you unscrewed them to turn them on. I sill have one, it is pretty cool...funny reactions when you hand it to people to use, especially if it is turned off.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good acquisitons jtice!! I have both and they serve me well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
The difference in knurl is because we use redundant suppliers for the same part. They are both made at the same time. I am working on everyone standarizing on the thinner band. Extra grip is provided by the lanyard lug and ring.
Peter

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
The protector was Henry's idea and he uses the same thing on his Action light. You can use the light with it on or off, there are advantages either way and you can decide what you want. It is not intended to just protect the lens during shipping is intended to protect the lens during use. Frankly, I prefer it off for my own use, but it's your choice.
Peter Gransee

[/ QUOTE ]

jtice

Flashaholic
Hmmmm, so ,, it seems that neither of the tail switches is actually newer,, just made by different companies.

Well,,, anyone have the one in the bottom pic? And would like to trade for the one in the top pic,, which I have?

Hmmmmmm, although,, there would be no way of knowing our anodizing matched.

HMmmmmmmm,, maybe I should contact Peter about the clickie.
Just something about the knurling ,,, I like the looks of the other better.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Re: Goodies have arrived !! -- Arc LSH-P and Inova

If you decide to take the protector film off from the lens it will let a few extra photons through.

The easiest and safest way to do this is to lay some tape onto the protector film [sticky side on the protector film] and then gently lift it off. It will cleanly pull the protector off and not damage the lens, whatever you do, do NOT try and scratch it off.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: Goodies have arrived !! -- Arc LSH-P and Inova

I used my fingernail to lift one edge of the film off the lens; once I had enough of a "tab" to get hold of, it simply peeled off as I expected.

I didn't know you could leave it on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif