Is anything better than the Quark 123² Turbo for brightness/runtime?

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I am looking at buying as bright a light that will fit in my pocket, and the Quark 123² Turbo looks like the ticket. I have a Quark AA² Tactical with the XP-E, Preon Kit, and Quark Mini 123. I am very impressed with 4Seven's quality. I am now looking for a 2x123A light and the Quark Turbo looks like it is the ticket. Are there any other lights out there that are as bright or efficient as the Quark Turbo, or is it the top of the pack right now?

Also, has anybody heard if 4Sevens is coming out with anything new soon? I bought my XP-E Quark 2 days before the XP-G Quarks were announced and I don't want that to happen again...

Burgess

Flashaholic
You have been reading the 4Sevens forum, haven't you ?

It's on CPF MarketPlace.

:whistle:
_

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
You have been reading the 4Sevens forum, haven't you ?

It's on CPF MarketPlace.

:whistle:
_

I read it every now and again... if you're talking about the Maelstrom, it's probably going to be a bit big for me with 6x18650. If you're taking about a 2x123A light, then WHAT HAVE I MISSED???

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have the quark in tactical version. its my favorite light because it great at close to mid range, extremely compact for its output. some would say its too big for an edc, but i clip it to my front pocket all the time, and its never bothered me. i also use the holster but sometimes its faster to slip it in and out of the pocket when im doing something.

i say get it in titanium, you can lego one for about 120$ then theres also the 8% discount.

my next light will probably be a fenix pd30 since i love the size, output ratio of these lights.

sfca

Enlightened
I read it every now and again... if you're talking about the Maelstrom, it's probably going to be a bit big for me with 6x18650. If you're taking about a 2x123A light, then WHAT HAVE I MISSED???

Whaa? I thought the Maelstrom was 2X123A.

I hope to God what you say isn't true!

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
michaelmcgo, these may help...

Quark Turbo and normal
Quark_Turbo_123.jpg

Beam comparisons (from left, Quark 123² Turbo, Surefire E2DL (2009), Quark 123² Tactical Neutral White, EagleTac T20C2 Neutral White)
QuarkTurbo_Compare_100s.jpg

Note that the Turbo's tail thread is anodized, so no more switching the head and tail like the normal version. ;)

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
i have the quark in tactical version. its my favorite light because it great at close to mid range, extremely compact for its output. some would say its too big for an edc, but i clip it to my front pocket all the time, and its never bothered me. i also use the holster but sometimes its faster to slip it in and out of the pocket when im doing something.

i say get it in titanium, you can lego one for about 120$ then theres also the 8% discount.

my next light will probably be a fenix pd30 since i love the size, output ratio of these lights.

I also have a Quark Tactical and love it. I don't think I'll be getting any titanium flashlights because I use them and buy them based on performance. The heat dissipation abilities of titanium makes me wary as well in a high performance flashlight... :poof:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get one of the latest Quarks with the XP-G R5. Just as bright as the Turbo, but smaller head.