Eagletac - Where ARE You???

recDNA

Flashaholic
It seems to me the SST-50 and the XP-G both have the potential to be brighter than any of the current manufactures make them. Eagletac has a history of driving its LED's hard enough to get more out of them than other manufacturers. I'm especially interested to see what Eagletac can do with the SST-50. It's the gift giving season but nothing new from Eagletac. I think they've really missed the boat.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac has the OTF lumnens record in MrGman's IS Sphere for such a small light.

I can tell you that the SST-50 is not where they will be going due to how hot they get. This is from personal meltdown experience with SST-50 at 5A.:sick2:

Now an Eagletac light with XP-G at 1A is a very interresting prospect. I wonder if they can deliver a real 300 OTF lumens:thumbsup:

I have an Eagletac AA XP-G light and holly cow man, they make an awesome product with nothing lagging. If anyone can set OTF lumen records or quality standards I think it will be Eagletac:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs.

EDIT: I meant XP-E, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
where did u get it from?

Sorry, but I meant to say XP-E with smooth reflector.

Actually; my Javeling AA P60 light is 100% the same size, form, and fit as the Eagletac P100a2 (which is what has the XP-E). What I did was put a Nailbender P60 XP-G R4 in the Javelin.

At a quick glance you can actually confuse which is which, they are that similar in build and overall size.:crackup:

While the XP-G P60 drop-in is brighter, the Eagletac P100a2 throws the light way way further.