Home Depot clearance of 3 AAA 1W Cree flashlights

Light Sabre

Enlightened
Was at Home Depot today and found the 1 Watt Cree LED Tactical Flashlight (65 lumens) with 3 AAA batteries on clearance for $6.60 regularly $19. Bought the 2 with the best centered LED's. SKU 792-951. It's big for a 3 AAA flashlight. 5 1/4" long x 1 1/4" diameter, 6 3/4 oz weight. Forward clicky. Tail standable. Deep reflector. 3 AAA battery holder. Wasn't on HD's website so no link to a pic. Searched but couldn't find any CPF reviews about it.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Was at Home Depot today and found the 1 Watt Cree LED Tactical Flashlight (65 lumens) with 3 AAA batteries on clearance for $6.60 regularly $19. Bought the 2 with the best centered LED's. SKU 792-951. It's big for a 3 AAA flashlight. 5 1/4" long x 1 1/4" diameter, 6 3/4 oz weight. Forward clicky. Tail standable. Deep reflector. 3 AAA battery holder. Wasn't on HD's website so no link to a pic. Searched but couldn't find any CPF reviews about it.

should post stuff like this under the "Good Deals" section in the marketplace

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's big for a 3 AAA flashlight. 5 1/4" long x 1 1/4" diameter, 6 3/4 oz weight.
I bet it doesn't take a 25500 Li-ion, but does it look like it could be bored out to? If so, it sounds like a cool host.

Assuming nobody gets pics up, I'll have to see if I can find it sometime next week...

Light Sabre

Enlightened
Benson the battery carrier is 22mm x 54mm, and there are springs at top & bottom that compress 5-6mm with the battery carrier installed and head turned all the way in. The only way to get into the flashlight is 1 place 1 7/8" from the head. You can't get to the tail clicky at all. Looks like it's pushed in from the 1 opening and press fits or clicks into place. The body opening ID is 23 mm and OD is 26mm not counting the threads. You also would have to take into account the spring at the tail switch end and you can't get to it.

Last edited:

Jackscrj

Newly Enlightened
I was at my local home depot (Turlock california) and if i recall correctly it was 9.97 same thing.
I restrained.:mecry:
Instead I picked up the 2 pack of brinkman 3 led headlamps for 9.97
reason: I needed a reasonable inexpensive headlamp
11lumens and a 1 led red mode impressive for the price

keeftea

Newly Enlightened
Picked up 3 for under 12 bucks. I am not an expert* but they seem to feel nice in my hand. The other two are give aways to friends. Cheers