ASP Tac-lite and E2e Mod

alberto

Enlightened
Today's mail brought me a new ASP Triad II with "SoftTouch" tailswitch AND an E2e bezel/P61 mod from this-is-nascar (is there a name for this mod kit?).

This mod kit is nice. The mod installs in seconds, the flashlight looks stock, and it works great. Thanks Ray.

I know the P61 bulb is rated at 120 lumens at 20 minutes, but I don't know about the ASP's. Does anyone have that rating? I know it's 100+ lumens and compares to the Pelican M6, but don't know it's exact rating. I'm guessing about 105.

The two beams are a little difficult to compare (just wall tests, no outside dark tests yet) because the patterns are a little different. The ASP has a hot spot (focused down as tight as possible) with less peripheral light. The E2e mod has a larger more uniform pattern. At short distances (to minimize peripheral dissipation) E2e/P61 mod seems much brighter - more total light. I'm interested in comparing throws outside at night.

The ASP is slightly longer, larger in diameter, and heavier than the modded E2e. The mod adds only about 2 mm to the length of the E2e - a rubber o-ring.

The tail switch on the ASP is very nice - indented slightly, light-pressure momentary-on (about the same as the L4 except a little more travel), and a no-noise (very faint click up close)light-pressure constant-on (less pressure than the L4). Lockout is very nice at only about 1/16 of a turn on the tailcap.

Why do I have BOTH lights? Because I'm a hopeless flashaholic and I WANT them both. Now about that Pelican M6 and the Surefire C2/C3, not to mention more new LEDs ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif