UV Luxeon Star?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Closest there will ever be is the Royal blue... and it is so close you won't really be able to tell the difference!

sharkeeper

Enlightened
In the sticks of the Badlands of the East
A peak of 350 nM would probably cover things well. Still have enough power to erase EPROM's too. I haven't tried that with my UV Arc AAA. (I don't think it has enough power in the shorter wavelengths)

I bet a LS could make O3 if it had a peak output in the 260 nM range. Of course this would be dangerous as you know what!

Cheers!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
actually dental blue is closer the royal blue, but it costs more.

in fact, hotbeam just finished the first dental blue mod i've heard of, noone else has done it (to my knowlege) because the dental blue's are just too dam expensive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Bushman said:
Closest there will ever be is the Royal blue... and it is so close you won't really be able to tell the difference!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike,

The Nichia 2W UV does put out a bit of visible blue but is considerably much less than the Lumiled RB. However the UV wave lengths are getting out there and evidence is seen in florescent objects. I believe the Nichia's will be out 4th Q if things go as planned. Currently, I think they are calling for typical of 75mW of Po and peak wavelength at 380 nm.

- Don

Tomas

Banned
75mW Po @ 380!?!!

Ouch!

Hmmmmmmm ...

T_sig2.gif
stickguy.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don-- I stand corrected! I wasn't aware that the 2w nichias included the UV side of things.! Too cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts