• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND -McGizmo Lunasol 20 - photo

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hooked. My Haiku and my 1x and 2x McClicky hosts have me totally hooked on Don's lights.

I'm hoping to find a mint or near mint Lunasol 20 or 27 - later run that takes rechargeables.

Paypal payment if I can handle the price :thinking: or (purely optional - i am willing to pay without any trading involved),

I'd love to trade a MINT Surefire C2, NRA version, LOW serial number A00082 with the original incan bulb (never used) and a Malkoff M60F.
IMG_2246.JPG

I'd also trade a Quark 123T in titanium - serial number 587, mint with original box and accessories.
IMG_1831.JPG

We could decide on the values and figure out how much additional cash needed. I'd hate to part with that C2, but for a Lunasol sacrifices must be made! :ohgeez:

I know you are out there....PM works, or email at [email protected] works even better.

Thanks - and Merry Christmas!

:twothumbs

Last edited:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB McGizmo Lunasol 20 or 27

Good luck on your search. These are Don's 2 best lights to date, IMHO.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FOUND - YEA!-McGizmo Lunasol 20

I think Senna94 had some/one AOTH holesters - if so I hope you "scored" one. These are "the" units to use with Don's lights. I hope I don't sound like a snob, but when you've seen/used them you know what I mean...
(Beavertail / alligator / shark / elephant / etc...)

FYI
beavertail is outstanding
alligator is gorgeous
Elephant is very very very very nice
Stingray is beautiful
Shark is the only one I have that is "nice" - it was the first one I had & I thought it was better than that at first....

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats on your score! Have Neale send ya a pic of his anodized 2 pak! I know his taste in lights and I think he mated it with a creemator too! Enjoy your new treasure! :wave: A fine addition to your fleet!

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB McGizmo Lunasol 20 or 27

I think Senna94 had some/one AOTH holesters - if so I hope you "scored" one. These are "the" units to use with Don's lights. I hope I don't sound like a snob, but when you've seen/used them you know what I mean...
(Beavertail / alligator / shark / elephant / etc...

FYI
beavertail is outstanding
alligator is gorgeous
Elephant is very very very very nice
Stingray is beautiful
Shark is the only one I have that is "nice" - it was the first one I had & I thought it was better than that at first....

Didn't get one of those - I'll have to do some searching - thanks for the tip
:thumbsup:

Congrats on your score! Have Neale send ya a pic of his anodized 2 pak! I know his taste in lights and I think he mated it with a creemator too! Enjoy your new treasure! :wave: A fine addition to your fleet!

Neal did send a picture his setup a while back - it looks fantastic. I'm sort of inching my way into the rarified air of McGizmo collecting. Before I found this forum I had no idea - first it was an Olight - then I 'discovered' Surefire lights. All along the way trying out different lights - Quark, Jetbeam, Nitecore, drop ins for Surefire - each one a temporary 'fix' to an addiction to a hobby that I didn't see coming...

Then, after reading this long review from js, I had to find out what all the fuss was about. No LS20s available from 'the man', so I did further research and ended up buying a Haiku straight from Don. All the minutia about lumens and throw and all that other stuff kinda went out the window - this light just blew me away with its design, simplicity, quality and usefulness. I gushed. Next was the CREEmator - my friend bondr006 helped me connect with Scott, who quickly fulfilled my request for a conversion of one of my E1Bs...had to have a McClicky pack to host it :)o), then I bought Karl's 2x with the Mirageman head. Merry Christmas to me!! Sold off some of the 'other' lights I had to ease my guilt, hanging on to 5 Surefires and a ti Quark, JB M1X and a few other odds and ends.
Frankly, I could be satisfied for everything I need a light for with the Haiku, Creemator/McClicky, and MirageMan/McClicky, but I couldn't get that LS20 review out of my head. I don't own a McGizmo PD light, and that LS20 just looks so cool! So, put the WTB out and Senna94 came through.

And now 12 other lights just sit idle. 2 of the Surefire's have great drop ins - a Malkoff M60F in a C2, and a Nailbender SST-50 in a 6P. Great lights - just don't use 'em...

I realize that this is more information than anybody really wanted or needed :eek: but just felt like putting it out there for any person who can't understand how someone could invest (and I mean invest - I've seen how well kept specimens of these lights hold their value and even appreciate in some cases) around $2k in 4 lights.

Whew - I feel better.

Merry Christmas all!
lovecpf

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FOUND - it's beautiful -McGizmo Lunasol 20 - photos

No comments except that, along with the Haiku, one of the most beautiful lights I've ever seen....

IMG_2103.JPG

IMG_2104.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG

IMG_2106.JPG

:thumbsup:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, that is indeed a very, very nice light! :huh: There's only one that's even nicer : The LS27... :devil:

Enjoy your new beauty! :wave: