2009 = Horrible year for celebrities.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This past year has been full of celebrity deaths. Far more it seems than what occurs in a typical year. While it's not uncommon for an elderly celebrity to pass away, this year has seen some young ones leave this world.

For awhile, it seemed as though the death toll for celebrities was reached for this year. But now, another one has left this world.

The death of Brittany Murphy. (This one came out of no where).

LINK:
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=448013&GT1=28101

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are saying it appears to be from natural causes.

I never knew she was in movies.
I only knew of her from the Paul Oakenfold song Faster Kill Pussycat, which she sang the vocals for.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It was most likely complications brought on from anorexia and/or non-narcotic drug use, her weight plummeted unnaturally in the last few months of her life.

Hope she's making a great film with Heath..

brittanymurphyr.jpg

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Oh yeah, she was the one in 8 Mile with Eminem. That was a surprisingly good movie.

I care a lot more about deaths of members of our military, police, fire department, etc. than any movie star.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I care a lot more about deaths of members of our military, police, fire department, etc. than any movie star.

Well that goes without saying. Still, it's a tragedy when someone young dies so unexpectedly.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I didn't know much about her work but I've seen her in a movie or two. One with Ashton Kutcher on TV recently. Sad to see the young pass away.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very rarely does a 32 year old die from cardiac arrest.

There's another cause, probably drug use (and i'm guessing prescription drugs). The biggest dope trend, currently, on the "party" and "be seen" circuit is prescription pills, i.e. Oxycontin, Vicodin, etc.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad for sure. The gossip sites have various theories floating. Only comment I came across was the findings of many prescription drugs at their residence. Mixing them can be dangerous if there is a reaction.

We had a family member mix his blood pressure med with an allergy med. Some hours later he had a heart attack...poof.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
This past year has been full of celebrity deaths. Far more it seems than what occurs in a typical year.

I'm expecting to see more reports. The more interconnected everything gets, the more connected everyone feels. In short, there are record numbers of celebrities. So even with no increase in the actual rate of celebrity deaths, the actual number of reported incidents will increase.

For example, 1% of 5000 is 50. 1% of 10000 is 100. It will feel like twice the number of people, when in fact, the rate has not changed. Its the difference between 'event' and 'reportable event'.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm expecting to see more reports. The more interconnected everything gets, the more connected everyone feels. In short, there are record numbers of celebrities. So even with no increase in the actual rate of celebrity deaths, the actual number of reported incidents will increase.

For example, 1% of 5000 is 50. 1% of 10000 is 100. It will feel like twice the number of people, when in fact, the rate has not changed. Its the difference between 'event' and 'reportable event'.

A good point. But many of the celebrities who have died this year were recognized celebrities instead of just made-up ones. It's not as though Tina from MTV's Real World passed away unexpectedly. She's still doing the whole Bar promotion thing. She has an agent who books her to appear at Grand Openings of Bars and clubs. From what I've seen, calling those places 2nd rate establishments would be a compliment.

daimleramg

Banned
Very rarely does a 32 year old die from cardiac arrest.

There's another cause, probably drug use (and i'm guessing prescription drugs). The biggest dope trend, currently, on the "party" and "be seen" circuit is prescription pills, i.e. Oxycontin, Vicodin, etc.

When I had PRK surgery done a few months ago I complained about the pain so much that my surgeon gave me Oxycodone. Needless to say I was on cloud 9 for about 2 weeks.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good point. But many of the celebrities who have died this year were recognized celebrities instead of just made-up ones. It's not as though Tina from MTV's Real World passed away unexpectedly. She's still doing the whole Bar promotion thing. She has an agent who books her to appear at Grand Openings of Bars and clubs. From what I've seen, calling those places 2nd rate establishments would be a compliment.
Yep, I've noticed that too. I think the percentage of "well respected" or at least "well known" celebrities that have died this year is quite high.

Still, I'm not sure I'd rule out there being more deaths of celebrities this year. Remember: There's still New Year's Eve Parties....