Bulb life and care

jh092

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks,

Those who get annoyed by reading stupid questions from a newbie please stop now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am the proud owner of 1 E2E Executive Elite. Now, it no longer works and I would just like a small amount of information if possible please.

1. When the batteries wear out, does the torch just stop working or does it progressively get dimmer and dimmer like a normal torch would?

2. If the bulb is blown, should you be able to see that it is blown, or could it actually look fine and still be blown?

3. How easily do these bulbs blow? If you have the torch on for several minutes and then drop it, would that be enough to blow the bulb?

As you can tell, I have never changed the batteries or bulb before so really have no idea. I will be getting both batteries and bulb replacements anyway, but I like to know how all these things work and what to expect for the future.

Thanks for your time, I do appreciate it...

John

Size15's

Flashaholic
1) You should have noticed the beam grow yellow and dim before going out altogether. This happens quite fast.

2) Sometimes you can see the filament is not complete if you look carefully, although most times it's difficult to tell.

3) From what I've experienced and read, the MN03 bulb is very stable and robust. If it fails, it is likely to fail within the first couple battery changes.

You really need to put replacement batteries in there, and get a spare bulb. This will help to workout whether the bulb and/or batteries are not work or whether you've just not tightened the bezel on enough or the contacts are dirty

Please let us know how you get on once the batteries and bulb arrive.

Thanks

Al

jh092

Newly Enlightened
Thankyou for a very fast and informative reply. I have no idea what time it is over there (I am in Australia) but thankyou.

Yes I will be sure to advise...

Screehopper

Enlightened
When I first got my E2e-HA the bulb lasted only a brief second. I tested for continuity with a multimeter and found that the bulb must of been a dud. But now that I have extra bulbs I've had none go out on me YET! I'm still on my second bulb so my confidence in the MN03 has been semi-renewed.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Of all SureFire bulbs, I'd have to say the MN03 is the most stable I've had. The only other SureFires I've put similar battery sets through are the 12PM(N62), M2(P61), M3T(N2) and A2.

It's about 0130 on Tuesday 1st July 2003. I was born on this date 23 years ago.

Al

andybingley

Newly Enlightened
Hey Al I'm still here at 01.40 BST so happy birthday and did you use your Surefire collection on the way back from the pub tonight?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks Andy,
It's now 0211 UK time and I'm off to sleep for a few hours.

I'm expecting a brand new 8455 to be delivered any day now. It should keep me quiet for a bit

No alcohol for me - I'm starting a no carbs, no sugar, only meat and fish diet. Two weeks of this, perhaps three, then a modified diet until I go on holiday in late August.

The 10X is the light I use for walk home from the pub.

Al

jh092

Newly Enlightened
Hi Al,

Happy Birthday...

And, it was the batteries not the bulb. The batteries must sure go downhill quickly, I can't really remember thinking that the light was getting dimmer. Mind you, as this is my first battery change I didn't really know what to look for.

Thanks

John

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy birthday Al. Best wishes.

And to John -- welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your voyage with us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul