gander mountain 235 lumen light.....

albell67

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up one of there 220 lumen lights and so far I like it. One thing I do not like about the 235 is the switch is mid mounted, the 220 has the switch on the tail cap. Also the 235 just has too much going on with all of the modes.

bluelightbandit

Newly Enlightened
I just picked one up for 79.95. It says its 235 lumens but eeeh, my SF G2X Tactical is definately brighter as well as my Fenix TK12. It def has many features, maybe too many. It has high and low beams, strobe, low blue, red and green and then an S.O.S. mode. The modes are pretty easy to cycle through. Its okay, but probably would get another Fenix or SF next time. Hope this helps!

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
These lights are on sale for $50. I bought one but I returned it. Mine worked perfectly but a lot of reviews on their web site complain about the lights failing so I took it back the same day I got it. Now I'm having second thoughts. That was one very cool light. The only thing I didn't like about it was that once you turned it on you ha to click past the strobe mode to turn it off again.

If you read the reviews on Gander mOuntain's site a decent number of people have complained about these lights failing for no obvious reason (Which is why I took mine back).

Last edited:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one very similar, but the switch is on the tail, not the side (still has all the color LEDs though), so probably an older version I guess. I like mine a lot, I've had no trouble with it. There are a lot of modes, but that's what you get on a light with 4 separate emitters. On my version (I don't know if this new version is the same) the modes are separated into two sets, 3 white modes (High, Low, Strobe) and 4 color modes (blue, green, red, red blinky). You get between the two sets by holding down for about 3 seconds. A little complicated, but I like that you don't have to cycle through all the modes all the time to get where you want.

On the downside, it isn't waterproof. 18650's are too big to fit, and I think 16340's would burn it out, so I can only use CR123's in it. The beam has a bunch of rings, but that's to be expected with the color LEDs in the side of the reflector.

I like this light, mainly because it offers all different colors in one package, and is still pretty bright. The main reason I don't use it often is because it doesn't take any rechargeable cells.

shipwreck

Enlightened
I have seen those everytime I go in. But, in my mind, on less than 300-400 lumen flashlights... I sorta mentally compare them to Solarforce lights. I can buy a brighter SOlarforce light for like 1/2 of what those cost.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very true in general, I'd buy a Solarforce or ShiningBeam over the Gander Mtn if you're just looking for a bright light, but as far as I know, neither of those companies offer a light with 4 color choices (white, red, green, blue) all in a single light. If you want something like that, you don't have a ton of other options.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
The GSX 235 lumen flashlight is $50 and it's big.
I don't have it.

The GSX 220 lumen is $30 with free shipping and 4.5 inches small.
I just got it last week in the store and I love it.
It has a bright white hotspot with good throw.
Cree XRE Q4 emitter

picture.php

Last edited:

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
There was a Coleman Max at Wal-Mart with multi colors a while back. Not sure if it is still out
I don't remeber seeing it when I looked this morning. They did have a cheap spot-to-flood light but it was only about 100 lumens

Edit: They do still have it. It wasn't very impressive-looking though.

Last edited:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if they're that price in the store? They're sold out online.

The page for them says "Web Price Only" at the top, so the in-store price is probably set by individual stores. Worth checking out if you have one in your area.