Custom Mini Chimera with SST-90

mash.m

Enlightened
Hi,

some days ago i was lucky to get a raw alu mini chimera body from brian (machinist of sabrewolf). i double check this with sabrewolf, so it is ok...

first i did some mill to get a bigger battery inside. now a 1000mA from a mini-helicopter fits. this battery is capable to discharge with 25 amps. after this i glued an old sst-90. the sst-90 lose its dome while doing some test with it. but foor this plan this was the right choice, cause there is not enough space to fit with the dom/lens. with the original plastic lens the beam was not very pretty so i grind a ucl lens to fit. i also mill the lens opening wider, cause the new lens it bigger:

5q6c-j.jpg

another one:
5q6c-k.jpg

after this i done a carbon cover with the power botton. the power botton is permanent glowing blue. this one is from an damaged notebook docking station - sweet. the cover is done in 15 minutes so it is not very accurate. the final will be better:
5q6c-i.jpg

sorry for the bad pictures, but i am at work and the iphone cam is not so good. the sst-90 is driven by a d2flex. at high mode it is damned bright but it draws 5 amps. after 30 seconds it will get very warm. in mode 5 from 8 it draws 1.5 amps. with this mode it will get moderate warm and still bright.

i will do some more tests with the mini chimera... i think i will include a green laser pointer or a xp-c red - night light together with a second power button.

next i will try to get a neutral white sst-90. if i can´t get this i will take a neutral white mc-e with a maxflex, cause i don´t like the cold white very much. after all tests are done the body will get a black power coating.

i keep you informed about the next steps.

thanks fpr looking,

markus

Last edited:

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice Job Markus!! I had planned on an sst-90 for some time...
But i have enuf things on my plate as it is :sssh: