Looking for Single 123 P60 hosts

ionizedsky

Enlightened
I am in search of a R/CR123 P60 host that has a bezel down clip, clicky tail-cap and a way to make it a two stage low/high output. I would like to put a Malkoff M30 into it. I have searched through the P60 hosts thread and didn't find anything that was suiting. Anybody got some ideas or leads :candle:

jonesy

Enlightened
If you find this combo let me know! I've been looking for this exact light as well.

ephemere

Newly Enlightened
Dereelight Javelin head on a Dereelight C2H body? I don't know if it meets all of your requirements, but maybe it's close.

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the marketplace for the bodies that Nite is selling and add whatever bezel and switch you want.

The only other thing I can think of would be a Solarforce L2M, but not sure if the body is even long enough to have a clip (I don't own one yet, so can't say for sure).

ionizedsky

Enlightened
Dereelight Javelin head on a Dereelight C2H body? I don't know if it meets all of your requirements, but maybe it's close.
:welcome:

Yea that is a interesting idea but no hi/low and it looks kind of odd and very unbalanced. I think the body and head should flow very well together in diameter and style. Thanks

:popcorn:

skillet

Enlightened
You will need:

This head

This Clip

A two Stage McClicky

and the Single cell E-series body of you choice....

I thinks this could do it.. I am probably mistaken though.. Just give it a few days and you'll have more input that you can process...

Gordon

ionizedsky

Enlightened
Check the marketplace for the bodies that Nite is selling and add whatever bezel and switch you want.

Trying to get away with a smaller diameter body, got plenty of surefire hosts in these sizes already, but thanks for the suggestion.

The only other thing I can think of would be a Solarforce L2M, but not sure if the body is even long enough to have a clip (I don't own one yet, so can't say for sure).

You will need:

This head

This Clip

A two Stage McClicky

I thinks this could do it.. I am probably mistaken though.. Just give it a few days and you'll have more input that you can process...

Gordon

Hmm.. Interesting. Not to judge your knowledge but you said it yourself, what are other opinions on this setup for meeting my needs?:popcorn:

jonesy

Enlightened
You will need:

This head

This Clip

A two Stage McClicky

Gordon

About that switch, which one is it? I'm confused, it says the McClicky switch is really single mode, unless you use a "GDuP Light engine." What's that?

Not to hijack the thread too much, but i was going to go with a Surefire 6P head, either 3P or Fivemega body, Novatac pocket clip, and Malkoff M30W. The stumbling block for me is a dual mode switch, one preferably with the UI of a Surefire L1. Any ideas, or will that McClicky work?

ionizedsky

Enlightened
I'd go with a Solarforce L2M with their clip, which can go bezel up or down, a AW RCR123 and a Nailbender P60 dropin. I suggest a XP-G dropin. You can get the Solarforce from http://sbflashlights.com or http://lighthound.com.

Hmmm, now I haven't seen this one before but this might be the ticket, would be curious to see a picture with a L2M and the clip installed bezel down..

About that switch, which one is it? I'm confused, it says the McClicky switch is really single mode, unless you use a "GDuP Light engine." What's that?

Not to hijack the thread too much, but i was going to go with a Surefire 6P head, either 3P or Fivemega body, Novatac pocket clip, and Malkoff M30W. The stumbling block for me is a dual mode switch, one preferably with the UI of a Surefire L1. Any ideas, or will that McClicky work?

+1 on the first two questions. Jonesy not sure how you prefer your clip but I just put my novatac clip on my a 6p with original SF twisty and clicky and the clip is very loose in the way that it can twist around the body freely but won't come off the body. I don't like this as I like the clip to stay put for finger orientation.

jonesy

Enlightened
I have the novatac clip mounted on a 6P as well, and I had to put an o ring above it, and I also have a Leef clicky tailcap, so there is no twisting involved. It's pretty sturdy and doesn't move around at all (tailcap compresses the o ring), but that tail is single mode only, and we seem to want dual mode capability.

jonesy

Enlightened
Or just wait for a SureFire LX1 :D

True, but who knows if they will ever sell it. I've already waited a year for it and I am impatient and sick of their marketing BS. :shakehead And I doubt it will be available in a warm tint, and it won't be as bright as the M30, and it's not modular. And anyways, LEGO's are fun!

Anybody got a dual mode tailcap that will work for us?

ionizedsky

Enlightened
Or just wait for a SureFire LX1 :D

Not willing to spend the money on SF anymore unless they come up with something really cutting edge and a price that isn't so inflated, don't get me wrong I respect their products for the quality and what they make, I am just tired of paying for the high prices for something that will be outdated in six months.

post tenebras

Enlightened
I hear you. I put together an M30 with a two-stage McE2s switch. The problem is the McE2s are pretty hard to find now and my switch always feels kind of "iffy." It works, but it feels weak and unstable (i've tried it both in a SureFire Z68 and in an Aleph tailcap).

Another vaporware optinon :nana: is the rumored ElZetta single-cell body. That would provide a bomb-proof host for the M30 combined with their two-stage tailcap. I have this tailcap, too, and it feels rock-solid, compared to the Mc2Es. I read on another forum that ElZetta is seriously considering offering a single-cell model. Based on their past record, they bring final products to market very quickly. The current ElZetta designs don't have clips, however.

The ElZetta tailcaps are surefire C/P compatible, i.e., you could use one on a SF 3P or clone.

Last edited:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear you. I put together an M30 with a two-stage McE2s switch. The problem is the McE2s are pretty hard to find now and my switch always feels kind of "iffy." It works, but it feels weak and unstable (i've tried it both in a SureFire Z68 and in an Aleph tailcap).

Another vaporware optinon :nana: is the rumored ElZetta single-cell body. That would provide a bomb-proof host for the M30 combined with their two-stage tailcap. I have this tailcap, too, and it feels rock-solid, compared to the Mc2Es. I read on another forum that ElZetta is seriously considering offering a single-cell model. Based on their past record, they bring final products to market very quickly. The current ElZetta designs don't have clips, however.

The ElZetta tailcaps are surefire C/P compatible, i.e., you could use one on a SF 3P or clone.

I wonder if Elzetta will consider selling the tailcap as a separate item.