Never mind - I did it

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't believe I did it - a moment of inattention. I received a new supply of batteries and thought I'd try out the 17670 in my McClicky 2x - noticed it was a tight fit, but stupidly pushed it all the way in - now it won't come out!

And to make matters worse, it was 17500 I put in - not even the correct battery.

Any suggestions from anyone as to how to remove it?

Update - I just pounded the body against my knee (rather hurt my knee than that titanium beauty - got it far enough to the end that I could grab it and get it out. Thanks anyway - live and learn

:oops::duh2:

Last edited:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Help me out of my dumb mistake, please!

Put a small amount of liquid wrench [best] or WD-40 [ok] in a container. Use a toothpick or nail to get ONE drop. Put ONE drop of liquid wrench between the battery and body, being careful not to get any on the battery bottom. Tap the body to help the liquid wrench penetrate.

Super glue a dowel to the back of the battery. Hope hard, or pray if you're so inclined. If you've been nice and not naughty this year, Santa will bring you a gift.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply - I'll file this away in case I make a stupid mistake again. Interestingly, when I put the CORRECT battery in - 17670 - it is a snug fit but I can get it out with just a flick of the wrist.

Thank you again - prayer does work...

:twothumbs

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Well done ! At least you won't do that again ! (Yes, I learned that way too and got it out the same way).

. . . stupidly pushed it all the way in . . .

I was going to say that this has lots of potential for a bishop-and-actress joke, but the more I think about it the worse it makes some of the subsequent advice seem ! :eek: