A month with the Streamlight Twin-Task lights

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've run two sets of batteries through, more or less, all of the Streamlight Twin-Task 1 L, 2 L, 3AA, 3C, and 3AA Luxeon.. I have few complaints, and a ton of compliments. Fit and finish, switching, has been flawless. I am NOT a talented reviewer, but from the gut, I absolutely recommend these lights, in total.

I live on a 100 acre place, free from most extraneous light. Have taken them all to Hilton Head, and tested them on the darkest of beaches, all the while looking for the stray alligator. I have the strongest recommendation for the $ 32 or so 3AA Luxeon Task Light. It is my first Luxeon, but I have read with great interest, all the reviews of all the ARC's, the mods, and the rest, but it is a splendid light. It equals, or exceeds, the 1 L TT Xenon in throw, and approaches the 2 L TT. The very deep reflector, which I have never seen in that form, works very well (without optics). Mine has a hint of green in the corona, but it is not noticed unless you are looking at white walls from 12".

All the 3 LED's formats are more useful in actual "walking around", than the 1 LED lights, however boosted, assuming you may have possible poisonous, or otherwise dangerous animals about

The 3C Twin-Task is my favorite, other than it's a bit big, but the throw exceeds all of the other Xenons. The 6 LED setting takes it to a new level of usefulness. It's simply quite bright. Simply stick it in your belt, and you're doing fine.

Brightnorms reviews, and beam shots tell you a lot, but from a USER, these are keepers.

The only negative is the beams on the Xenons are not adjustable to as tight a form as we expect from the run of the mill Scorpion, 2 L Surefire, etc., still imminently useable, and practical. I do not have a problem with it. I think the lumens are there, just more widely focused. Beam quality, considering all the compromises, is excellent.

I thought the 3 LED/off/Xenon/off; 3 LED/6 LED/ Xenon/off, switching would be a big problem, Worried about it a bit. With a bit of use, it's as intuitive as falling off a log.

I have ordered another 3AA Lux, in hopes of getting a pure white (don't we all), and another 1 L Twin-Task, simply because it's so durn useful, and small.

These lights are NOT Mag-Llite quality; I would put them up against anything USA made, however irritating that may be. I try very hard to buy USA manufactured goods, but these lights are simply splendid. Low cost, excellent quality; I'm tickled to have them.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Johnk

Nice review, I think I would like to have a 3C.

You said (I would put them up against anything USA made)

I'm not knocking Streamlight but the Arc is American made. Test an Arc, you might just change your mind.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pi-Most of my burn time has been actually using them, and not just turning them on, and timing them. The Xenon/LED back and forth also makes it tough to tell how much run time there has been in either mode.

Nevertheless, with the dual modes, run time is really much more than we are used to with Lithium lights, and still longer with the alkalines. You can milk them a LONG time. I thought I'd NEVER exhaust the first set of batteries in the lights. I'll contradict myself, the Lux is still on it's first set. Hard to kill the thing. Still bright.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very pleased with my two initial TwinTasks as well. I got a 3C and a 3AA. I liked the 3AA so much, that I ordered two more to have one of them in each of our vehicles. I plan on getting a 2L and the Luxeon light as well.

My 3C is my primary 'grab-it-n-go' light for looking around outside and I'm still on the original set of batteries.

I did manage to get through a set of AAAs though I did get quite a bit of use out of it helping a friend with a car issue.

In my opinion, the 3C could become an excellent light. If they'd make a light about the same size as the 3C but that was maybe half an inch wider than round (oval shaped tube) that had one single focused LED about as bright as the PrincetonTec Impact, I'd be utterly happy with it as my only at-home light. And I guess it could be about half 6 or 8 onces heavier, all in the butt end for striking power if needed. Well... and maybe if they could get the Xenon as bright as the Surge. Should be do-able for about $50 based on the $32 for the 3C light.